Towns/Cities covered by each biologist and their specialty:
South Shore Biologists Cohasset to Westport with Cape Cod and the Islands
- Mike Hickey: Shellfish Program Chief
- Thomas Shields: South Shore Section Leader
- Neil Churchill: Dartmouth, Fairhaven Nantucket, New Bedford and Sandwich - shellfish statistics, Oil Spills, Database
- John Mendes: Elizabeth Islands, Falmouth, and Mashpee - Wet Storage, Shellfish Task Force
- Jerome Moles: Bourne, Eastham, Orleans, Provincetown, Truro and Wellfleet -Aquaculture
- Terry O'Neil: Brewster, Chatham, Dennis, Harwich and Yarmouth - Phytoplankton Monitoring, PSP Sample Scheduling
- Gregory Sawyer: Fall River, Freetown, Marion, Mattapoisett, Somerset, Swansea, Wareham and Westport - Shellfish Relays
- Jim Rossignol: Water Quality and PSP Sampling, Boat and Sampling Gear Maintenance
North Shore Biologists Salisbury to Hull and Boston Harbor
- Jeff Kennedy: Shellfish Plant Manager, NorthShore Section Leader, Contaminated Soft Shell Clam Fishery, PSP
- Greg Bettencourt: Marblehead, Nahant and Swampscott - Shellfish Plant/ARMFS Lab Assistance, Water Quality and PSP Sampling, PSP Mapping, and Phytoplankton Monitoring
- Glenn Casey: Boston, Chelsea, Gloucester, Lynn, Nahant, Revere, Saugus, and Winthrop - Hydrographic studies
- David A. Roach Jr.: Beverly, Danvers, Essex, Hull, Ipswich, Manchester, Newburyport, Salisbury - Oil spill, PSP
- : Ipswich, Newbury, Quincy, Rowley - Technical Assistance
- Devon Winkler: Hull, Rockport, Salem, and Weymouth - Technical Assistance
Laboratory If you have a question about lab methods or procedures please contact one of the lab personal. ** PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE LAB FOR TEST RESULTS **
- Susan Boehler: New Bedford Shellfish Lab - Lab Supervisor
- Florence Cenci : Gloucester Shellfish Lab - Lab Supervisor
- Ashley Silberzweig : Gloucester Shellfish Lab - Lab Assistant
Shellfish Purification Plant
Boston Harbor Shellfish Enhancement
- Christopher Schillaci: Field Coordinator
Shellfish Area Information System
Please call our Shellfish Area Information System at (978) 282-0308 x 6. Follow the prompts to listen to recorded messages of current rainfall closures for Greater Boston Harbor, the Pines River (in Revere and Saugus) and the Merrimack River (in Newburyport and Salisbury) and for current “Red Tide”/PSP closures from Hull to Salisbury.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.