These publications are all available from the authors or from the Annisquam River Marine Fisheries Station at (978) 282-0308.
TR-1 file size 6MB
McKiernan, D. J., and D. E. Pierce. 1995. The Loligo squid fishery in Nantucket and Vineyard Sound.
McBride, H. M., and T. B. Hoopes. 2001. 1999 Lobster fishery statistics.
TR-3 file size 5MB
McKiernan, D. J., R. Johnston, and W. Hoffman. 1999. Southern Gulf of Maine raised footrope trawl experimental whiting fishery.
Nelson, G.A, M. P. Armstrong, and T. B. Hoopes. 2001. Massachusetts 2000 striped bass monitoring report.
TR-5 file size 1MB
Chase, B.C., and A. R. Childs. 2002. Rainbow smelt (Osmerus mordax) spawning habitat in the Weymouth-Fore River.
TR-6 file size 5MB
Chase, B.C., J. H. Plouff, and W. M. Castonguay. 2002. The marine resources of Salem Sound, 1997.
Estrella, B. T., and R. P. Glenn. 2001. Massachusetts coastal commercial lobster sampling program May–November 2000.
Estrella, B. T. 2002. Techniques for live storage and shipping of American lobster, third edition.
TR-9 file size 2MB
McBride, H. M., M .J. Dean, and T. B. Hoopes. 2002. 2000 Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics.
Sheppard, J. J, M. P. Armstrong, D. J. McKiernan and D. E. Pierce 2003. Characterization of the Massachusetts scup (Stenotomus chrysops) fisheries.
Nelson, G. A., and T. B. Hoopes. 2002. Massachusetts 2001 striped bass fisheries monitoring report.
TR-12 file size 2MB
Howe, A. B., S. J. Correia, T. P. Currier, J. King, and R. Johnston. 2002. Spatial distribution of ages 0 and 1 Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) off the Eastern Massachusetts Coast, 1978–1999, relative to 'habitat area of special concern.'
TR-13 file size 2MB
Dean, M. J., K. A. Lundy, and T. B. Hoopes. 2002. 2001 Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics.
TR-14 file size 1MB
Estrella, B. T., and R. P. Glenn. 2002. Massachusetts coastal commercial lobster trap sampling program, May–November 2001.
Reback, K. E., P. D. Brady, K. D. McLauglin, and C. G. Milliken. 2004. A survey of anadromous fish passage in coastal Massachusetts: Part 1. Southeastern Massachusetts.
Taunton River Watershed file size 2MB
Buzzards Bay Drainage file size 1MB
General Recommendations, Index, Appendices
Reback, K. E., P. D. Brady, K. D. McLauglin, and C. G. Milliken. 2004. A survey of anadromous fish passage in coastal Massachusetts: Part 2. Cape Cod and the Islands.
Cape Cod file size 6MB
General Recommendations, Index, Appendices file size 1MB
Reback, K. E., P. D. Brady, K. D. McLauglin, and C. G. Milliken. 2004. A survey of anadromous fish passage in coastal Massachusetts: Part 3. South Coastal.
South Coastal file size 5MB
Reback, K. E., P. D. Brady, K. D. McLauglin, and C. G. Milliken. 2004. A survey of anadromous fish passage in coastal Massachusetts: Part 4. Boston and North Coastal. In preparation.
Boston Harbor file size 3MB
North Shore file size 3MB
Merrimack file size 1MB
General Recommendations, Index, Appendices file size 1MB
Nelson, G.A. 2002 Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report.
TR-20 file size 3MB
Dean, M. J., K. A. Lundy, and T. B. Hoopes. 2002 Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics.
Nelson, G. A. 2004. 2003 Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report.
TR-22 file size 1MB
Lyman, E. G. and D. J. McKiernan. 2005. Scale Modeling of fixed-fishing gear to compare and quantify differently configured buoyline and groundline profiles: An investigation of entanglement threat.
TR-23 file size 3MB
Dean, M. J., K. A. Lundy, and T. B. Hoopes. 2005. 2003 Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics.
Nelson, G. A. 2005. 2004 Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report.
Nelson, G. A. 2006. A guide to statistical sampling for the estimation of river herring run size using visual counts.
TR-26 file size 3MB
Dean, M. J., S. R. Reed, and T. B. Hoopes. 2006. 2004 Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics.
TR-27 file size 1MB
Estrella, B. T. and R. P. Glenn. 2006. Lobster trap escape vent selectivity.
Nelson, G. A. 2006. 2005 Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report.
TR-29 file size 3MB
Glenn, R., T. Pugh, J. Barber, and D. Chosid. 2007. 2005 Massachusetts lobster monitoring and status.
TR-30 file size 3MB
Chase, B. C. 2006. Rainbow smelt (Osmerus mordax) spawning habitat on the Gulf of Maine coast of Massachusetts.
TR-31 file size 1MB
Dean, M. J., S. R. Reed, and T. B. Hoopes. 2007. 2005 Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics.
Nelson, G. A. 2007. 2006 Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report.
Chase, B. C., J. H. Plouff, and M. Gabriel. 2008. An Evaluation of the use of egg transfers and habitat restoration to establish an anadromous rainbow smelt spawning population.
Nelson, G. A. 2008. 2007 Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report.
TR-35 file size 2MB
Barber, J. S., K. A. Whitmore, M. Rousseau, D. M. Chosid, and R. P. Glenn. 2009. Boston Harbor artificial reef site selection and monitoring program.
Nelson, G. A. 2009. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2008.
TR-37 file size 1MB
Leschen, A. S., R. K. Kessler, and B. T. Estrella. 2009. Eelgrass restoration used as construction impact mitigation in Boston Harbor, Massachusetts.
TR-38 file size 18MB
King, J. R., M. J. Camisa, and V. M. Manfredi. 2010. Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries trawl survey effort, list of species, and bottom temperature trends, 1978–2007.
Dean, M. J. 2010. Massachusetts lobster fishery statistics for 2006.
Nelson, G. A. 2010. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2009.
TR-42 file size 1MB
Chase, B. C. 2010. Quality assurance program plan (QAPP) for water quality measurements for diadromous fish monitoring 2008–2012, version 1.0.
Evans, N. T., and A. S. Leschen. 2010. Technical guidelines for the delineation, restoration, and monitoring of eelgrass (Zostera marina) in Massachusetts coastal waters.
Chase, B. C., T. Callaghan, M. B. Dechant, and P. Patel. 2010. River herring spawning and nursery habitat assessment: Upper Mystic Lake, 2007–2008.
TR-45 file size 1MB
Ford, K. H., and S. Voss. 2010. Seafloor sediment composition in Massachusetts determined using point data.
Nelson, G. A., P. D. Brady, J. J. Sheppard, and M. P. Armstrong. 2011. An assessment of river herring stocks in Massachusetts.
Evans, N. T., K. H. Ford, B. C. Chase, and J. J. Sheppard. 2011. Recommended time of year restrictions (TOYs) for coastal alteration projects to protect marine fisheries resources in Massachusetts.
Nelson, G. A. 2011. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2010.
TR-49 file size 1MB
Hoffman, W. S., S. J. Correia, and D. E. Pierce. 2012. Results of an industry-based survey of Gulf of Maine cod, November 2003–May 2005.
Appendix F file size 7MB
Appendix H file size 14MB
TR-50 file size 1MB
Hoffman, W. S., S. J. Correia, and D. E. Pierce. 2012. Results of an industry-based survey of Gulf of Maine cod, May 2006–December 2007.
Appendix E file size 4MB
Appendix F file size 1MB
Appendix G file size 6MB
TR-51 file size 2MB
Wood, C. H., C. Enterline, K. Mills, B. C. Chase, G. Verreault, J. Fischer, and M. H. Ayer. 2012. Fourth North American workshop on rainbow smelt: extended abstract proceedings.
TR-52 file size 3MB
Camisa, M. and A. Wilbur. 2012. Buzzards Bay disposal site fisheries trawl survey report March 2001–March 2002.
Nelson, G. A. 2012. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2011.
TR-54 file size 3MB
Chase, B.C., A. Mansfield, and P. duBois. 2013. River herring spawning and nursery habitat assessment: Silver Lake 2008–2009.
TR-55 file size 1MB
Nelson, G.A. 2013. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2012.
TR-56 file size 5MB
Sheppard, J.J., S. Block, H.L. Becker, and D. Quinn. 2014. The Acushnet River restoration project: Restoring diadromous populations to a Superfund Site in Southeastern Massachusetts.
TR-57 file size 2MB
Chase, B. C., K. Ferry, and C. Pawlowski. 2015. River herring spawning and nursery habitat assessment: Fore River Watershed 2008–2010.
TR-58 file size 9MB
Elzey, S. P., K. J. Trull, and K. A. Rogers. 2015. Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries Age and Growth Laboratory: Fish Aging Protocols.
TR-59 file size 1MB
Nelson, G. A. 2015. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2013.
TR-60 file size 2MB
Nelson, G. A. and J. Stritzel-Thomson. 2015. Summary of recreational fishery data for striped bass collected by volunteer anglers in Massachusetts.
TR-61 file size 6MB
Nelson, G. A., J. Boardman, and P. Caruso. 2015. Massachusetts striped bass tagging programs 1991–2014.
TR-62 file size 1MB
Nelson, G. A. 2015. Massachusetts striped bass monitoring report for 2014.
MarineFisheries past and present contributing staff are in bold
1. Armstrong, M.P. and S.X. Cadrin. 2001. Morphometric variation among spawning groups of the Gulf of Maine-Georges Bank herring complex. Expectations for a New Millennium, Alaska Sea Grant Program, AK-SG-01-04. pp. 575-590. Article
2. Stockwell, J.S., P.J. Diodati, and M. P. Armstrong. 2002. A bioenergetic evaluation of the chronic-stress hypothesis: can catch-and-release fishing constrain striped bass growth? American Fisheries Society Symposium 30: 144-147. Article
3. Chase, B. C. 2002. Atlantic bluefin tuna, Thunnus thynnus, diet differences at seasonal feeding grounds on the New England continental shelf. Fisheries Bulletin 100(2): 168-180. Article file size 1MB
4. Skomal, G. B., B. C. Chase, and E. D. Prince. 2002. A comparison of circle hook and straight hook performance in recreational fisheries for juvenile Atlantic bluefin tuna. American Fisheries Society Symposium 30: 57-65. Article file size 7MB
5. Skomal, G. B., and B. C. Chase. 2002. The physiological effects of angling on post-release survivorship in tunas, sharks, and marlin. American Fisheries Society Symposium 30: 135-138. Article
6. Michael Pol and H. Arnold Carr. 2000. Overview of Gear Developments and Trends in the New England Commercial Fishing Industry. Northeastern Naturalist 7(4): 329-336. Article
7. Nelson, G.A., Chase, B.C., and J. Stockwell. 2003. Food habits of striped bass (Morone saxatilis) in coastal waters of Massachusetts. Journal of Northwest Atlantic Fishery Science 32: 1-25. Article file size 1MB
8. Skomal, G.B., and L.J. Natanson. 2003. Age and Growth of the blue shark, Prionace glauca, in the North Atlantic Ocean. Fisheries Bulletin 101:627-639. Article file size 1MB
9. Estrada, J.A., A.N. Rice, M. Lutcavage, G.B. Skomal. 2003. Predicting trophic position in sharks of the Northwestern Atlantic Ocean using stable isotope analysis. Journal of Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom 83: 1347-1350. Article
10. Skomal, G.B. and G.W. Benz. 2004. Ultrasonic tracking of Greenland sharks, Somniosus microcephalus, under Arctic ice. Marine Biology 145: 489-498. DOI: 10.1007/s00227-004-1332-8
11. Skomal, G.B., Wood, G., & N. Caloyianis. 2004. Archival tagging of a basking shark, Cetorhinus maximus, in the western North Atlantic shark, Cetorhinus maximus, in the western North Atlantic. Journal of Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom 84: 795-799. Article file size 1MB
12. Skomal, G., E. A. Babcock, and E. K. Pikitch. 2005. Indices of blue and mako shark abundance derived from U.S. Atlantic recreational fishery data. Col. Vol. Sci. Pap. ICCAT, 58(3): 1034-1043. Article
13. Skomal, G. B. 2007. Shark nursery areas in the coastal waters of Massachusetts. American Fisheries Society Symposium 50: 17-33. Article
14. Estrada, J. A., A. N. Rice, L. J. Natanson, and G. B. Skomal. 2006. Use of isotopic analysis of vertebrae in reconstructing ontogenetic feeding ecology in white sharks. Ecology 87(4): 829-834. Article
15. Skomal, G. B. 2007. Evaluating the physiological and physical consequences of capture on post-release survivorship in large pelagic fishes. Fisheries Management and Ecology 14: 81-89. Article
16. Nelson, G. A., B. C. Chase, and J. D. Stockwell. 2006. Population consumption of fish and invertebrate prey by striped bass (Morone saxatilis) from coastal waters of Northern Massachusetts, USA. Journal of Northwest Atlantic Fishery Science 36: 111-126. DOI: 10.2960/J.v36.m576
17. Glenn, R. P. and T. L. Pugh. 2006. Epizootic shell disease in American lobster (Homarus americanus) in Massachusetts coastal waters: Interactions of temperature, maturity, and intermolt duration. Journal of Crustacean Biology, 26(4): 639-645. Article
18. Reid, D. G., J. Annala, S. Rosen, M. Pol, S. X. Cadrin and S. J. Walsh. 2007. Current status of mobile and static sampling gears used in resource surveys. ICES Journal of Marine Science, 64(8): 1607-1609. DOI:10.1093/icesjms/fsm141
19. Skomal, G., P. S. Lobel, and G. Marshall. 2007. The use of animal-borne imaging to assess post-release behavior as it relates to capture stress in grey reef sharks, Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos. Marine Technology Society Journal 41(4): 44-48. Article file size 2MB
20. Pol, M.V., S. J. Correia, R. MacKinnon, and J. Carver. 2008. Longlining haddock with manufactured bait to reduce catch of Atlantic cod in a conservation zone. Fisheries Research 94(2): 199-205. DOI:10.1016/j.fishres.2008.08.015
21. Chosid, D.M., M. Pol, M. Szymanski, L. Ribas, and T. Moth Poulsen. 2008. Diel variation within the species selective topless trawl net. Journal of Ocean Technology. 31-58. Article
22. Barber, J. S., D. M. Chosid, R. P. Glenn, and K. A. Whitmore. 2009. A systematic model for artificial reef site selection. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 43: 283-297. Article
23. Mandelman, J. W. and G. B. Skomal. 2008. Differential sensitivity to capture stress assessed by blood acid-base status in five carcharhinid sharks. Journal of Comparative Physiology B. DOI:10.1007/s00360-008-0306-4
24. Skomal, G., et al. 2009. Transequatorial Migrations by Basking Sharks in the Western Atlantic Ocean. Current Biology. DOI:10.1016/j.cub.2009.04.019 file size 3MB
25. Skomal, G. B. and D. Bernal. 2010. Physiological responses to stress in sharks. In: The Biology of Sharks and Their Relatives, Vol. 2, J.C. Carrier, J.A. Musick, M.R. Heithaus (eds.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. (contact Greg Skomal for reprint)
26. Chase, B.C. 2009. The spawning habitat of anadromous rainbow smelt: trouble at the tidal interface. American Fisheries Society Symposium 69: 859-862. Article
27. Chase, B.C., M.H Ayer, and S.P. Elzey. 2009. Rainbow Smelt Population Monitoring and Restoration on the Gulf of Maine Coast of Massachusetts. American Fisheries Society Symposium 69: 899-901. Article
28. Leschen, A.S., K.H. Ford, and N.T. Evans. 2010. Successful Eelgrass (Zostera marina) Restoration in a Formerly Eutrophic Estuary (Boston Harbor) Supports the Use of a Multifaceted Watershed Approach to Mitigating Eelgrass Loss. Estuaries and Coasts DOI 10.1007/s12237-010-9272-7.
29. Nelson, G. A., M. P. Armstrong, J. Stritzel-Thomson, and K. D. Friedland. 2010. Thermal habitat of striped bass Morone saxatilis in coastal waters of northern Massachusetts, USA, during summer. Fisheries Oceanography 19(5): 370-381. (link to abstract - contact Gary Nelson for reprint)
30. Leschen, A. S., and S. J. Correia. 2010. Mortality in female horseshoe crabs (Limulus polyphemus) from biomedical bleeding and handling: implications for fisheries management. Marine and Freshwater Behaviour and Physiology 43(2): 135-147. Abstract
31. He, P. and M. Pol. 2010. Fish Behavior near Gillnets: Capture Processes and Influencing Factors. In: He, P. (ed.), Behavior of Marine Fish: Capture Processes and Conservation Challenges. Wiley-Blackwell, Ames, Iowa. pp.183-198. Article file size 2MB
32. Pol, Michael V., Szymanski, Mark, Chosid, David M., and Salerno, Daniel J. 2011. Fork Length-Total Length Conversions for Haddock and Pollock. North American Journal of Fisheries Management, 31(3): 427-430. DOI: 10.1080/02755947.2011.590115
34. Dean, M. J., W. S. Hoffman, and M. P. Armstrong. 2012. Disruption of an Atlantic cod spawning aggregation resulting from the opening of a directed gill-net fishery. North American Journal of Fisheries Management, 32: 124-134. DOI: 10.1080/02755947.2012.663457
35. Chosid, D.M., M. Pol, M. Szymanski, F. Mirarchi, and A. Mirarchi. 2011. Development and Observations of a spiny dogfish Squalus acanthias reduction device in a raised footrope silver hake Merluccius bilinearis trawl. Fisheries Research, DOI 10.1016/j.fishres.2011.03.007. file size 1MB
36. Skomal, G. B. and J. Chisholm, S. T. Correia. 2012. Implications of Increasing Pinniped Populations on the Diet and Abundance of White Sharks off the Coast of Massachusetts. In: Global Perspectives on the Biology and Life History of the White Shark. CRC Press. pp. 405-417. Article
37. Armstrong, M. P. et al. 2013. Application of small-scale fishery closures to protect Atlantic cod spawning aggregations in the inshore Gulf of Maine. Fisheries Research 141: 62-69. DOI: 10.1016/jfishres.2012.09.009
38. Skomal, G. B. and J. W. Mandelman. 2012. The physiological response to anthropogenic stressors in marine elasmobranch fishes: A review with a focus on the secondary response. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A: Molecular & Integrative Physiology, DOI: 10.1016/j.cbpa.2011.10.002. (link to abstract - contact Greg Skomal for reprint)
39. Cournane, J. M., J. P. Kritzer, and S. J. Correia. Spatial and temporal patterns of anadromous alosine bycatch in the US Atlantic herring fishery. Fisheries Research 141: 88-94. Abstract
40. Kneebone, J., J. Chisholm, and G. B. Skomal. 2012. Seasonal residency, habitat use, and site fidelity of juvenile sand tiger sharks (Carcharias taurus) in a Massachusetts estuary. Inter-Research Marine Ecology Progress Series. DOI:10.3354/meps09989.
41. Sheppard, J., and S. Block. 2013. Monitoring response of diadromous populations to fish passage improvements on a Massachusetts coastal stream. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering A, 2: 71-79. Article
42. Kneebone, J., J. Chisholm, D. Bernal, and G. Skomal. 2013. The physiological effects of capture stress, recovery, and post-release survivorship of juvenile sand tigers (Carcharias taurus) caught on rod and reel. Fisheries Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.fishres.2013.04.009. (link to abstract - contact John Chisholm for reprint)
43. Pugh, T. L., J. S. Goldstein, K. L. Lavalli, M. Clancy, and W. H. Watson III. 2013. At-sea determination of female American lobster Homarus americanus mating activity: Patterns vs. expectations. Fisheries Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.fishres.2013.07.008. (link to abstract - contact Tracy Pugh for reprint)
44. Nelson, G. A. 2014. Cluster sampling: a pervasive, yet little recognized survey design in fisheries research. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 143: 926-938 (link to abstract – contact Gary Nelson for reprint)
45. Kneebone, J., W. Hoffman, M. Dean, D. Fox, and M.Armstrong. 2015. Movement Patterns and Stock Composition of Adult Striped Bass Tagged in Massachusetts Coastal Waters. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, 143(5). (link to abstract - contact Bill Hoffman for reprint)
46. Kneebone, J., W. Hoffman, M. Dean, and M. Armstrong. 2014. Movements of striped bass between the exclusive economic zone and Massachusetts state waters. North American Journal of Fisheries Management, 34: 524-534 DOI: 10.1080/02755947.2014.892550 (link to abstract - contact Bill Hoffman for reprint)
47. Kneebone, J., J. Chisholm, and G. Skomal. 2014. Movement patterns of juvenile sand tigers (Carcharias taurus) along the east coast of the USA. Marine Biology. DOI 10.1007/s00227-014-2407-9. file size 1MB
48. Dean, M. J., W. S. Hoffman, D. R. Zemeckis, and M. P. Armstrong. 2014. Fine-scale diel and gender-based patterns in behaviour of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) on a spawning ground in the Western Gulf of Maine. ICES Journal of Marine Science. DOI:10.1093/icesjms/fsu040.
49. Curtis, T. H., C. T. McCandless, J. K. Carlson, G. B. Skomal, N. E. Kohler, L. J. Natanson, G. H. Burgess, J. J. Hoey, and H. L. Pratt Jr. 2014. Seasonal Distribution and Historic Trends in Abundance of White Sharks, Carcharodon carcharias, in the Western North Atlantic Ocean. PLOS ONE. 9(6): 1-12. DOI: 10.137/journal.pone.0099240 file size 2MB
50. Curtis, T. H., S. I. Zeeman, E. L. Summers, S. X. Cadrin, and G. B. Skomal. 2014. Eyes in the sky: linking satellite oceanography and biotelemetry to explore habitat selection by basking sharks. Animal Biotelemetry. DOI: 10.1186/2050-3385-2-12.
51. Natanson, L. J. and G. B. Skomal. 2014. Age and growth of the white shark, Carcharodon carcharias, in the western North Atlantic Ocean. Marine and Freshwater Research. DOI: 10.1071/MF14127.
52. Pugh, T. L., M. Comeau, K. Benhalima, W.H. Watson, III. 2015. Variation in the size and composition of ejaculates produced by male American lobsters Homarus americanus H. Milne Edwards, 1837 (Decapoda: Nephropidae). Journal of Crustacean Biology. DOI: 10.1163/1937240X-00002365. (link to abstract - contact Tracy Pugh for reprint)
53. Elzey, S. P., K. A. Rogers, and K. J. Trull. 2015. Comparison of 4 aging structures in the American shad (Alosa sapidissima). Fisheries Bulletin 113: 47-54. DOI: 10.7755/FB.113.1.5 file size 1MB
54. Legare, B., J. Kneebone, B. DeAngelis and G. Skomal. 2015. The spatiotemporal dynamics of habitat use by blacktip (Carcharhinus limbatus) and lemon (Negaprion brevirostris) sharks in nurseries of St. John, United States Virgin Islands. Marine Biology. DOI 10.1007/s00227-015-2616-x. file size 1MB
55. Thunberg, E. M. and S. J. Correia. 2015. Measures of fishing fleet diversity in the New England groundfish fishery. Marine Policy. 58: 6-14. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpool.2015.04.005
56. Bethoney, N. D., K. D. E. Stokesbury, B. P. Schondelmeier, W. S. Hoffman, and M. P. Armstrong. 2014. Characterization of river herring bycatch in the Northwest Atlantic midwater trawl fisheries. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 34(4): 828-838. DOI: 10.1080/02755947.2014.920736.
57. Sheppard, J. J. and M. S. Bednarski. 2015. Utility of single-channel electronic resistivity counters for monitoring river herring populations. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 35(6): 1144-1151. DOI: 10.1080/02755947.2015.1084407.
58. Pol, M. V., B. Herrmann, C. Rillahan, and P. He. 2016. Selectivity and retention of pollock Pollachius virens in a Gulf of Maine trawl Fishery. Fisheries Research 184: 47-53. DOI: 10.1016/j.fisheries.2015.07.029
60. Skomal, G. B., E. M. Hoyos-Padilla, A. Kukulya, and R. Stokey. 2015. Subsurface observations of white shark Carcharodon carcharias predatory behaviour using an autonomous underwater vehicle. Journal of Fish Biology 87: 1293-1312. DOI: 10.1111/jfb.12828. file size 3MB
61. Bayse, S. M., M. V. Pol, and P. He. 2016. Fish and squid behaviour at the mouth of a drop-chain trawl: factors contributing to capture or escape. ICES Journal of Marine Science. DOI: 10.1093/icesjms/fsw007.
62. O'Boyle, R., M. Dean, and C. M. Legault. 2016. The influence of seasonal migration on fishery selectivity. ICES Journal of Marine Science. DOI: 10.1093/icesjms/fsw048. file size 1MB
64. Capizzano, C. W., J. W. Mandelman, W. Hoffman, M. Dean, D. Zemeckis, H. Benoit, J. Kneebone, E. Jones, M. J. Stettner, N. Buchan, J. Langan, and J. Silukowski. 2016. Estimating and mitigating the discard mortality of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) in the Gulf of Maine recreational rod-and-reel fishery. ICES Journal of Marine Science. DOI: 10.1093/icesjms/fsw058.
66. Elzey, S. P., and K. J. Trull. 2016. Identification of a nonlethal method for aging tautog (Tautoga onitis). Fishery Bulletin 114(4): 377-385. DOI: 10.7755/FB.114.4.1.
67. Pol, M., B. Herrmann, and P. He. 2016. Impact of codend mesh sizes on selectivity and retention of Acadian redfish Sebastes fasciatus in the Gulf of Maine trawl fishery. Fisheries Research. DOI: 10.1016/j.fishres.2016.06/013 file size 1MB.
68. Eayrs, S., M. Pol, S. Tallack Caporossi, and C. Bouchard. 2017. Avoidance of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) with a topless trawl in the New England groundfish fishery. Fisheries Research 185: 145–152. DOI: 10.1016/j.fishres.2016.9.014 file size 1MB.
69. Lowerre-Barbieri, S., G. DeCelles, P. Pepin, I. A. Catalán, B. Muhling, B. Erisman, et al. 2016. Reproductive resilience: a paradigm shift in understanding spawner-recruit systems in exploited marine fish. Fish and Fisheries. DOI: 10.1111/faf/12180 file size 1MB
70. Winger, P., S. Lokkeborg, and M. Pol. 2016. Fish Capture by Baited Pots: A Review of Fish Behaviour. The Journal of Ocean Technology 11(4): 1-12. Article
72. Marcella, R., M. Pol, and M. Szymanski. 2016. Seasonal Catchability of Static and Floating Atlantic Cod Pots. The Journal of Ocean Technology 11(4): 34-47. Article file size 3MB
74. Grabowski, J. H., M. Bachman, C. Demarest, S. Eayrs, B. P. Harris, V. Malkoski, D. Packer and D. Stevenson. 2014. Assessing the Vulnerability of Marine Benthos to Fishing Gear Impacts. Reviews in Fisheries Science & Aquaculture 22(2): 142-155. DOI: 10.1080/10641262.2013.846292.