The Metro Boston region of MassBays includes the communities of Saugus, Revere, Winthrop, Chelsea, Everett, Boston, Milton, Quincy, Braintree, Weymouth, Hingham and Hull.
The primary goals for the Metro Boston region are the following:
- Understand the estuarine habitat restoration needs for the region and develop habitat specific restoration targets for Boston Harbor.
- Protect and restore eelgrass habitat.
- Restore degraded salt marsh and protect salt marsh habitat.
- Protect and restore diadromous fish habitat.
- Prepare for and understand the potential impacts to estuarine habitats associated with climate change.
Please visit the Northeastern University Marine Science Center website for more information or to get involved in the volunteer programs.
For more information please contact:
Outreach Program Coordinator
Northeastern University Marine Science Center
430 Nahant Road
Nahant, MA 01908
(781) 581-7370 ext.321