The former Attleboro Dump - located on Peckham Street, near the Norton town line, and last operated by Attleboro Landfill Inc. - consists of two areas: the closed and capped 23-acre Phase A and the uncapped 11-acre Phase B. Only after Phase B is capped in accordance with Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) solid waste regulations at 310 CMR 19.000 can the entire unlined 34-acre landfill be certified as closed. Enviro-Cycle LLC has submitted to MassDEP a Conceptual Alternative Closure Plan.
The Conceptual Alternative Closure Plan is available for download from this web page (see below) or may be reviewed at one of the following locations.
- Mayor's Office, City Hall, 77 Park Street
- Attleboro Public Library, 74 North Main Street
- Larson Senior Center, 25 South Main Street
- Selectmen's Office, Town Hall, 70 East Main Street
- Norton Public Library, 68 East Street
The proposal may also be reviewed at the MassDEP Southeast Regional Office in Lakeville by appointment.
A public informational meeting was held on the evening of Tuesday, March 10, 2015, in Norton. During this session, the proponent presented information on its proposal and, along with MassDEP, answered questions from the public. A 30-day public comment period on the proposed capping and closure concluded on Friday, April 10, 2015.
For additional information, contact Mark Dakers of the MassDEP Southeast Regional Office: email@example.com
Enviro-Cycle LLC Proposal
- Conceptual Alternative Closure Plan for Attleboro Landfill - December 2014 file size 1MB
- Fact Sheet: Attleboro Landfill Conceptual Closure Plan - March 2015
- March 2015 Public Meeting Presentation on Conceptual Closure Plan file size 1MB file size 2MB
- March 2015 Public Meeting Posters on Conceptual Closure Plan