In Massachusetts, the local Fire Department and the local Board of Health serve as the primary responders for complaints and issues related to burning. 

Outdoor burning of any material

Contact your local Fire Department for questions or concerns on the outdoor burning of any material, including both the open burning of vegetation as well the outdoor burning of prohibited materials.

Indoor burning of prohibited materials

Contact Your Local Board of Health for questions or concerns on suspected indoor burning of prohibited materials such as construction debris, garbage or other wastes.