In Massachusetts, Boards of Health (BOH) work closely with MassDEP to address environmental and public health complaints. The Board of Health is the primary responder for dust, noise, odor, smoke, vehicle idling and air pollution complaints concerning activities at residences and at most local businesses. MassDEP is the primary responder for outdoor air pollution complaints involving large commercial, industrial, manufacturing and power plants.

Who should I contact?

Contact your local Board of Health for complaints on construction sites and/or sand and gravel operations.