In Massachusetts, MassDEP works with Boards of Health, Fire Departments, MassDOT, DPH and other state and local partners to address air pollution complaints involving dust, noise, odor, smoke, and vehicle idling, emissions and pollution. To reach the correct agency for filing a complaint, please select the topic below that best describes your issue.

Select an activity or topic to complain about

Burning (outdoors and indoors)
concerns with outdoor burning as well as the suspected indoor burning of prohibited materials

Construction or Sand and Gravel Operations
on-site construction activities as well as sand and gravel processing

Heaters or Heating Equipment
wood stoves, wood smoke, and heaters or backup generators at homes, restaurants, or campgrounds

Idling or Smoky Vehicles
cars, trucks, buses, and trains

Indoor Air Quality
mold, radon, emissions from nail salons and other concerns/issues about indoor air quality 

Landfills and Recycling
solid waste landfills as well as transfer stations, recycling and compost operations

Noise Disturbances
HVAC, rooftop machinery, wind turbine concerns, outdoor venues, business operations, residences, recreational equipment, etc.

Rubble Operations
asphalt, brick and concrete crushing and recycling activities

Small Business Operations
autobody shops, refinishers, painters, spray booths or other local business operations that generate noise, dust or odor concerns