In Massachusetts, local Police Departments and Boards of Health (BOH) work closely with MassDEP to address environmental and public health complaints about smoky  and idling vehicles. The Police Department is the primary responder for all smoky vehicle complaints while the local Board of Health is the primary responder for vehicle idling concerns in most towns. In some larger communities, like Boston, dedicated units address idling complaints and enforce the anti-idling law.

Idling Vehicles

Contact your local Board of Health for complaints about idling cars, trucks, buses or trains.

In Boston: 

Contact the Air Pollution Control Commission (APCC)