Oil spills and leaks, the release of hazardous materials, the contamination of drinking water or other critical threats to the public are Environmental Emergencies and must be reported immediately.
To Report an Environmental Emergency:
Call your local fire department.
Then call MassDEP’s Emergency Response at: 1-888-304-1133
For an environmental activity that you know or suspect is illegal and/or causes you concern for the health, beauty, enjoyment or safety of your community, file a complaint.
Select the environmental topic you are concerned about:
- Dust, noise, odor, smoke, vehicle idling, emissions or air pollution
- Dumping or improper disposal / storage of waste, including waste oil
- Asbestos improper removal or handling
- Pollution or discharges to the water or the ground
- Septic systems / discharge of sewage / Title 5 issues
- Wetlands (alteration of wetlands)
- Suspicious activities at known or suspected waste sites
- Illegal operations, business activities, false reports or misleading information
- Help, I do not see my issue and need assistance