- About Greenhouse Gases & Climate Change
There is broad scientific consensus that our climate is changing - both regionally and globally - largely due to the combustion of fossil fuels and other human activities.
- Massachusetts Annual Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory: 1990 through 2010, with Partial 2011 & 2012 Data
Charts, graphs and tables of emissions data.
- Final 2006-2008 Massachusetts Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
Comprehensive estimates of greenhouse gas emissions across the state for the last three years for which data are available.
- Statewide Greenhouse Gas Emissions Level: 1990 Baseline & 2020 Business As Usual Projection
The GWSA required MassDEP to determine statewide greenhouse gas emissions levels in 1990 and project what they would be in 2020 if no additional measures are imposed to lower them. July 2009.
- Final Appendix B: Emissions Data file size 2MB
Supporting data for the 1990 Baseline & 2020 Projection.
- Response to Comments on Statewide Greenhouse Gas Emissions Level: 1990 Baseline & 2020 Business as Usual Projection
MassDEP held six public meetings across the state in April and May 2009, held a public hearing on May 19, 2009, and accepted comments until June 1, 2009. A summary of public comments received and the agency's responses is presented here.
- Overview of the Global Warming Solutions Act (GWSA)
Massachusetts was one of the first states in the nation to move forward with a comprehensive regulatory program to address climate change.
- Massachusetts Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Program
Overview and applicability, regulations and protocols, forms and online reporting for facilities, verification services and more.
- About the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Program
Reporting of greenhouse gas emissions provides data that is important for developing emission reduction targets and plans, and for measuring progress toward goals.
- Electronic GHG Emissions Reporting
Log in to the Climate Registry Information System (CRIS) to report your Massachusetts facility's GHG emissions.
- The Climate Registry (TCR)
Collaboration among North American states, provinces, territories and native sovereign nations that sets standards for calculating, verifying and publicly reporting greenhouse gas emissions.