Note: Municipalities adopting regulations to control air pollution need to comply with the provisions of M.G.L. Chapter 31C. See: Guidance for Adopting Municipal Air Pollution Regulations Under M.G.L. Chapter 111, Section 31C
- Guidelines for Disposal of Tree Debris from Specific Natural Disasters
MassDEP views open burning as a last resort, when no other option is available.
- Supplemental Guidance on Stockpiling of Clean Tree Debris
While stockpiling should present few environmental issues, poorly located sites can quickly fill up and/or lead to nuisance conditions.
- Open Burning: Answers to Your Burning Questions
This page provides answers to your questions about open burning and offers you suggestions on how to do it right.
- General Prohibitions, Agricultural Burning & Fire Training Policy
Spells out the types of burning that are prohibited under all circumstances, and provides guidance for open burning for agricultural and fire training purposes.
- Open Burning: Training for Fire Officials
Presented in 2006.
- Open Burning: Presentation on Live Fire Training Exercises file size 1MB
Presented in 2008.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.