GIS Requirements for WSC Forms
MassDEP requires Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates on the Release Notification Form (BWSC103 and BWSC120Day) and the Numerical Ranking Scoresheet (BWSC107A). Other BWSC forms may have an optional section for UTMs. UTM lookups are available through when the form is filed. See instructions for Using the GIS Location Finder below. Alternatively, the UTM coordinates for a release location may be determined by using the MassGIS Color Ortho Imagery Viewer.
This function allows you to get UTMs for your site by marking the location directly on an aerial map
- Click on Identify Location of Release.
- You will then go to the screen below:
- Next click on the MAP Button:
- Put the red + on either the approximate center of the extent of the release of oil and/or hazardous material, or if that is not possible, the source of the release or threat of release of oil and/or hazardous material.
- Estimate the Horizontal Accuracy by using the dropdown list.
- Click on Put Lat/Long in Form.
- Click OK at the message prompt and you will be taken back to the GIS Location Finder page:
- Click on Get UTM for the location
- Then Click Submit Location
- The UTMs will appear on the form