GIS Requirements for WSC Forms
MassDEP requires Latitude and Longitude (Lat/Long) coordinates on the Release Notification Form (BWSC103 and BWSC103 120Day) and the Tier Classification Form (BWSC107). Other BWSC forms may have an optional section for Lat/Long. Lat/Long lookups are available through when the form is filed. See instructions for Using the GIS Location Finder below. Alternatively, the Lat/Long coordinates for a release location may be determined by using the MassGIS Color Ortho Imagery Viewer.
This function allows you to get Lat/Long Coordinates for your site by marking the location directly on an aerial map
- Click on Identify Location of Release.
- You will then go to the screen below:
- Put the red + on either the approximate center of the extent of the release of oil and/or hazardous material, or if that is not possible, the source of the release or threat of release of oil and/or hazardous material.
- Estimate the Horizontal Accuracy by using the dropdown list.
- Click on Put Lat/Long in Form.
- Click OK at the message prompt and you will be taken back to the form.
- The Latitude and Longitude coordinates will appear on the form