GIS Requirements for WSC Forms
MassDEP requires Latitude and Longitude (Lat/Long) coordinates on the Release Notification Form (BWSC103 and BWSC103 120 Day), the Tier Classification Form (BWSC107), and the Permanent and Temporary Solution Statement (BWSC 104). See instructions for Using the GIS Location Finder below. Alternatively, the Lat/Long coordinates for a release location may be determined by using the MassGIS Color Ortho Imagery Viewer.
This function allows you to get Lat/Long Coordinates for your site by marking the location directly on an aerial map
- Click on Identify Location of Release.
- You will then go to the screen below:
- Put the red + on either the approximate center of the extent of the release of oil and/or hazardous material, or if that is not possible, the source of the release or threat of release of oil and/or hazardous material.
- Estimate the Horizontal Accuracy by using the dropdown list.
- Click on Put Lat/Long in Form.
- Click OK at the message prompt and you will be taken back to the form.
- The Latitude and Longitude coordinates will appear on the form
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.