For Inclusion In A Brownfields Grant Application To EPA
EPA's Proposal Guidelines for Brownfields Assessment, Revolving Loan Fund, and Cleanup Grants require applicants to provide a letter from the appropriate state environmental authority (in Massachusetts, MassDEP) acknowledging the application.
For MassDEP to provide such a letter we request an email and/or letter from each applicant containing the following information:
1) What is the type of grant funding being requested?
(Assessment Grant, Revolving Loan Fund, and/or Cleanup Grant)
2) Is the grant for petroleum-only? If so area-wide or site specific?
3) Brief description of project, including redevelopment information;
4) Site address and Release Tracking Number (RTN) for site (if applicable);
5) Other state and federal funding being leveraged;
6) Name, address and telephone number of the applicant;
7) Where to send the original signed letter (if not to the person who requested it)
The request for a state acknowledgement letter can be emailed or sent to:
Kerry Bowie, Brownfields Coordinator
One Winter Street
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: (617) 556-1007
To determine whether a site has a Release Tracking Number, please refer to the searchable site list .