New MCP Questions and Answers in support of the amendments to the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (310 CMR 40.0000) published April 25, 2014 (fully effective June 20, 2014)
- Master MCP Q & A: 1993 - 2009
- List of Common Environmental Regulation Acronyms, Abbreviations and Initializations
- Adequately Regulated Fact Sheet
- MCP Timelines and Fees
Answers to the Most Common Questions about MassDEP Fees
- Audits Fact Sheet
BWSC Financial Inability Program Factsheet
The Financial Inability program evaluates claims by Potentially Responsible Parties asserting financial inability to conduct cleanup activities at 21E disposal sites.
- Community Concerns FAQ
- Downgradient Property Status Fact Sheet
- eDEP and Waste Site Cleanup: Frequently Asked Questions
- Fact Sheet: Brownfields and Waste Site Cleanup Programs
- Fact Sheet: Buzzards Bay Vessel Notification & State-Funded Marine Pilot Program
- Fact Sheet: Buzzards Bay Vessel Notification & State-Provided Tugboat Escort Services
- Fact Sheet: Managing Spills of Oil and Hazardous Materials Information for municipalities
- Fact Sheet: Massachusetts Oil Spill Act Requirements for Tugboat Escorts
Fact Sheet: Massachusetts Oil Spill Act Requirements Reinstated for Buzzards Bay
Guidance on how to comply with M.G.L. Chapter 21M, the Massachusetts Oil Spill Prevention Act, in Buzzards Bay.
- Fact Sheet: Site Contamination and Health Concerns
- Fact Sheet: Indoor Air Sampling
- Fact Sheet: Soil Gas Sampling
- Fact Sheet: Soil Sampling
- Fact Sheet: Water Sampling
- Fact Sheet: The Massachusetts waste site cleanup program - the basics
Fact Sheet: Vapor Intrusion & Indoor Air Contamination from Waste Sites
Questions and answers about Vapor Intrusion.
Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP) First Year Compliance Fact Sheet
Guidance on the Uniform Oil Response and Prevention Fee
Guidance on the implementation of the 2004 Oil Spill Act.
- A Guide for Oil Companies: Preventing Costly Spills During Heating Oil Deliveries
- Homeowner Oil Spill Cleanup Guide
Heating Oil Delivery Lines: A Homeowner's Guide to Preventing Leaks
- Homeowner Oil Heating System Upgrade and Insurance Law
Lead Shot: Harmful Effects
Lead in the environment may pose a health threat to people who are exposed to it.
- Massachusetts' Approach to Waste Site Cleanup: Chapter 21E and the Massachusetts Contingency Plan
- Managing BWSC Attachments
- A Massachusetts Property Owner’s Guide to Hiring a Licensed Site Professional
A Massachusetts Property Owner's Guide to Hiring a Licensed Site Professional
A guide for home and small business owners to answer some of the questions that you may have about LSPs and their role in the cleanup process.
Municipal Compliance Fact Sheet: Contaminated Property
Basics of the Waste Site Cleanup Program.
Oil Spill Act Fact Sheet
Information and resources for the Oil Spill Act of 2004.
Improving the Definition of Areas Where Groundwater Contamination Need Not Be Cleaned Up to Meet Drinking Water Standards
Parameters of waste-site cleanup efforts in areas defined as Potentially Productive Aquifers.
MCP Q & A: Public Involvement - Subpart N (310 CMR 40.1400)
Public Involvement Plan MCP Q & As
Public Involvement Activities at Public Involvement Plan (PIP) Sites
A table listing the public involvement activities that are specified in the MCP or in the Public Involvement Guidance, policy # WSC 800-90, and identifying the party required or recommended to conduct the activity.
- Removing Your Underground Heating Oil Tank
Remote Telemetry Information for Active Exposure Pathway Mitigation Measures
MCP Fact Sheet: Opportunities for Public Involvement in Preliminary Response Actions
Public involvement in the waste-site cleanup process.
- Massachusetts Contingency Plan Fact Sheet: Public Involvement in Site Cleanup
- Fact Sheet: Risk Characterization And Evaluation: How Clean Is Clean Enough?
Site RTNs & Status
Detailed description of Release Tracking Numbers and how they are used.
Sustainable Remediation - FAQs
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and MassDEP hold as a high priority identifying opportunities to promote energy conservation and use of renewable energy sources such as wind power and solar energy. As part of achieving the Commonwealth's clean energy policy goals, BWSC is promoting the incorporation of sustainability considerations into remedy selection, implementation, and optimization at 21E sites.
Waste Site Cleanup Fees
Links to information and resources related to Waste Site Cleanup fees.
- Tips For Maintaining Your Home Heating System: Prevent Heating Oil Leaks and Spills
Vapor Intrusion Audits: Identifying and Mitigating Unacceptable Impacts to Indoor Air
Auditing PCE sites to determine whether unacceptable impacts to indoor air are present.