Education & Research
- Columbia University: Climate Change Information Resources
- Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Tufts University Office of Sustainability
- Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS): Global Warming
- Student's Guide to Global Climate Change
A learning guide for students with videos, fact sheets, emissions calculation and more. From the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Regional & National Initiatives
- National Climate Assessment
The National Climate Assessment summarizes the impacts of climate change on the United States, now and in future and covers the different regions in the U.S., cross sector topics and response strategies. Produced by a team of more than 300 experts guided by a 60-member Federal Advisory Committee, the report was extensively reviewed by the public and experts, including federal agencies and a panel of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Clean Air Communities (CAC)
- National Association of Clean Air Agencies (NACAA): Global Warming
- NESCAUM Climate & Energy Team
- Massachusetts & the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
In January 2007, Massachusetts joined the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI), a cooperative effort by Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that contributes to global climate change. To address this important environmental issue, RGGI and its member states have developed a regional strategy for controlling emissions, including a market-based, multi-state cap-and-trade program that requires electric power generators to reduce their emissions of carbon dioxide.
- The Climate Registry
- U.S. Climate Action Partnership (USCAP)
- US EPA Climate Change
- Leading by Example: Climate Change
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is expected to experience warmer temperatures, increased frequency and intensity of storms, public water supply shortages, rising sea levels, and increased erosion which threaten our coastal areas. Recognizing the gravity of these threats, Massachusetts state agencies are taking the lead in reducing their environmental impacts.