This regulation establishes a declining limit on CO2 emissions from large power plants in Massachusetts, thereby ensuring that clean energy programs, including the Clean Energy Standard, reduce emissions in the state. MassDEP will provide additional information for regulated facilities well in advance of the beginning of the 2018 compliance year.
- 310 CMR 7.74: Reducing CO2 Emissions from Electricity Generating Units
Redline showing changes from proposed regulations.
- Response to Comment Appendix B
Shows how aggregate limits and 2018 allocations were calculated.
- Stakeholder Document: Allowance Auctions
MassDEP is soliciting public input on allowance auctions.
- 310 CMR 7.75: Clean Energy Standard
Includes additional background on 310 CMR 7.74 and 310 CMR 7.75, including a response to comment document, proposal background document, and Electricity Bill and CO2 Impacts Study.
- Reducing GHG Emissions Under Section 3(d) of the Global Warming Solutions Act
Six new regulations to address Massachusetts Global Warming Solutions Act requirements.
- Massachusetts & the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
About our state's participation in this regional cap-and-trade program for electricity generators.
- Massachusetts Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Program
Electricity generators report GHG emissions to MassDEP pursuant to 310 CMR 7.71.
Contact for Assistance
Please contact Will Space (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jordan Garfinkle (email@example.com) if you have questions or need additional information about 310 CMR 7.74: Reducing GHG Emissions from Electricity Generating Units.