Contaminated Land & Brownfields
- Closed Landfills With Permits for Renewable Energy
MassDEP encourages the "recycling" of closed landfills into renewable energy facilities and has approved more than 60 solar and wind installations so far.
- Landfill Profiles for Project Developers, July 2015
Information about facility ownership, operational status, acreage, wind speed, distance to nearest transmission lines, more.
- Examples: Completed Renewables-on-Landfills Projects
Solar and wind installations in Massachusetts and across the country.
- Shaffer Landfill Named a 2015 "Best Project"
Billerica solar site wins Engineering News Record regional award.
- An Old New England Town Lights the Way with Solar
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) RE-Powering America's Land case study on the Scituate landfill solar farm.
- Easthampton Captures Sun Power file size 1MBWorkshop presentation on the process followed by this western Massachusetts city to install a 2.3-megawatt solar farm on its old landfill.
- Hull Cited as Wind Power Pioneer
The U.S. Department of Energy has recognized the South Shore town for "outstanding leadership in advancing the use of wind power in a coastal community."
- Lancaster Solar Real-Time Data
Power generation and environmental benefit "dashboard" for solar panels operating on a closed landfill.