The Commonwealth of Massachusetts recently joined its partners in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) to significantly cut greenhouse gas emissions from power plants over the next six years.
In early May, MassDEP unveiled the final Solid Waste Master Plan for Massachusetts, concluding an extensive public outreach and public comment period over the preceding months, after years of research and analysis.
In 2007, Governor Deval Patrick announced his “Regulation at the Speed of Business” Initiative to speed the regulatory decisions that are critical for the development of projects in Massachusetts.
Pollution of Cape Cod’s waterways from excessive nutrients is a grave environmental and economic challenge. This spring, the Commonwealth stepped up to the plate and pledged $3.35 million to help the Cape Cod Commission develop a comprehensive water quality management plan for Cape Cod...
Eighty-nine clean water and drinking water projects in 67 communities, regional water supply and wastewater treatment districts have been awarded more than $512 million in low-interest loans to fund construction and planning projects to improve water quality, upgrade or replace aging sewer infrastructure, and cut treatment facility energy use and costs.
For the last year, EEA and MassDEP have been working to upgrade their aging information technology (IT) system to become more efficient, transparent and reliable.
- Electric Vehicle Incentive Program Makes $2.5 Million in Grants Available to Communities
- $929,000 in SWMI Grants Awarded to Assist Communities with Water Conservation, Demand-Management Projects
- MassDEP Protecting the Public from Drinking Water Fraud in Milford
- MassDEP Web Site Pulls Into ‘New Portal’
- MassDEP Recognizes 81 Providers with 2013 Public Water System Awards
- Natural Resource Damages Cases Will Repair Environmental Injuries at Woburn Site and In Buzzard’s Bay
- With Lower TCE Values, LSPs Must Continually Monitor Contaminated Site Conditions
- New “Dashboard” Showing Progress on the Massachusetts Global Warming Solutions Act
- MassDEP Launches New On-Line Tool Showing Water Quality in Rivers, Lakes, and Estuaries
EnviroMatters eNewsletter - Fall 2012 file size 4MB
- MassDEP’s Cutting-Edge Information Technology Transformation ‘Goes National,’ Gains Funding for Initiative’s First Year
- MassDEP Readies for Public Comment 16 Regulatory Reform Packages That Will Improve Agency Efficiencies
- MassDEP Ensures Public Safety and Transparency During Closure, Decontamination of General Chemical Corp. Facility in Framingham
- Massachusetts Energy Bill Gives Boost to MassDEP’s Clean Energy Efforts
- Federal ARRA Funds Help Protect the Environment, Create Economic Opportunity across the Commonwealth
EnviroMatters eNewsletter - Summer 2012 file size 2MB
- MassDEP’s Clean Energy Results Program Makes Progress Recycling Organics for Fuel
- MassDEP, Environmental Agencies Advance Sustainable Water Management Efforts Western Mass.
- Recycling Effort Gets ‘Greener’ with Installation of Solar Panels at Springfield MRF
- Message from the Commissioner: Great Successes in 2011 and Big Plans for 2012Public Comment Period Open until March 19 for Independent Science Panel Report on Wind Turbine Health Impacts
- Update on MassDEP’s Action Plan for Regulatory Reform
- MassDEP Issues Site Cleanup Guidance for Indoor Air Vapors
- Good News for Air Quality in Massachusetts