Massachusetts Leads the Way in Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Efforts; Successful RGGI Program Advocated as Model for Other States
Massachusetts is leading the way to a clean energy economy and reaping some of the direct benefits in economic growth through smart policies that reduce greenhouse gas emissions by promoting greater energy efficiency, developing renewable energy and encouraging other alternatives to the combustion of fossil fuels.
EIPAS Information Technology Transformation Reaches Two Significant Milestones on Way to 2014 Project Initiation
Two significant milestones were completed recently for MassDEP's across-the-board overhaul of the agency's information technology (IT) systems.
In 2014, the Commonwealth will kick into high gear its plan to tap into the hidden energy value of food waste and organics.
MassDEP Sets Sustainability Standard with LEED Platinum Designation for Wall Experiment Station in Lawrence
MassDEP recently led the way in environmental sustainability when it was announced that the renovated Senator William X. Wall Experiment Station in Lawrence had earned the Commonwealth’s first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification for a state facility.
Massachusetts Supports Programs to Increase Use of Electric Cars and Alt-Technology Vehicles and New Charging Infrastructure
The Commonwealth and state environmental officials are committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, bolstering Massachusetts' energy independence and growing the Commonwealth's clean energy economy, and recent announcements have helped get closer to those ambitious goals.
- MassDEP Regulatory Reform Update
- Charged-up for Solar-on-Landfill Energy Projects
- $1.27 Million in Watershed Stewardship Grants
- MassDEP Completes Environmental Justice Initiative in Springfield
- Hampden Country Club Penalized, Required to Restore Impacted Wetlands
- Clean Harbors and Affiliate Penalized for Hazardous Waste Violations
- Northborough Man Sentenced for Operating an Illegal Dump
- 'MassCleanDiesel' Program Grants Help to Eliminate 2,400 Tons of Pollutants
- Massachusetts Joins Effort to Curb Air Emissions from Upwind States
EnviroMatters eNewsletter - Summer 2013 file size 2MB
- Massachusetts Joins RGGI Partners to Significantly Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Power Plants
- New Solid Waste Master Plan Puts Massachusetts on the Road to 'Zero Waste' by 2020
- MassDEP Permit Streamlining, Regulatory Reform Efforts
- Commonwealth Funds Area-Wide Water Quality Management Plan for Cape Cod
- $512 Million in SRF Loans Awarded to 89 Clean Water and Drinking Water Projects in 2013
- EIPAS Return on Investment Study is Good News for MassDEP and the EEA Secretariat
EnviroMatters eNewsletter - Fall 2012 file size 4MB
- MassDEP’s Cutting-Edge Information Technology Transformation ‘Goes National,’ Gains Funding for Initiative’s First Year
- MassDEP Readies for Public Comment 16 Regulatory Reform Packages That Will Improve Agency Efficiencies
- MassDEP Ensures Public Safety and Transparency During Closure, Decontamination of General Chemical Corp. Facility in Framingham
- Massachusetts Energy Bill Gives Boost to MassDEP’s Clean Energy Efforts
- Federal ARRA Funds Help Protect the Environment, Create Economic Opportunity across the Commonwealth
EnviroMatters eNewsletter - Summer 2012 file size 2MB
- MassDEP’s Clean Energy Results Program Makes Progress Recycling Organics for Fuel
- MassDEP, Environmental Agencies Advance Sustainable Water Management Efforts Western Mass.
- Recycling Effort Gets ‘Greener’ with Installation of Solar Panels at Springfield MRF
- Message from the Commissioner: Great Successes in 2011 and Big Plans for 2012Public Comment Period Open until March 19 for Independent Science Panel Report on Wind Turbine Health Impacts
- Update on MassDEP’s Action Plan for Regulatory Reform
- MassDEP Issues Site Cleanup Guidance for Indoor Air Vapors
- Good News for Air Quality in Massachusetts
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.