The Recycling Business Development Grant (RBDG) program is intended to help Massachusetts recycling processors and manufacturers create sustainable markets for eligible materials, and to add value to municipal and business recycling efforts. Selected applicants will receive grant awards of between $50,000 and $400,000.
Eligibility & Material Requirements
- Any business funded by the RBDG program must have a location in Massachusetts where the proposed recycling or recycling-related activity such as aggregation, processing, reclaiming or reuse will occur. All grants made under the RBDG program should provide a measurable economic benefit to Massachusetts.
- Applicant must be a company or corporation (for-profit or non-profit) properly licensed to do business in the Commonwealth.
- Applicant must have been in substantial compliance with federal and state environmental laws for the past three years.
- A minimum financial match of 25% is required.
- Only projects related to the list of eligible materials will be funded. Projects to increase recycling of other materials will not be considered. Eligible materials are: glass, mattresses, packaged food materials, and post-consumer rigid and film plastics. MassDEP reserves the right to amend the list of eligible materials between grant cycles.
For complete eligibility, material and activity requirements, please review: 2016 Recycling Business Development Grant Application
MassDEP will evaluate each applicant's capabilities and experience, the extent to which the proposed project fosters stronger local recycling markets, the technical feasibility of the investment, the applicant’s financial match, and the likelihood of success and continued sustainability of the investment after the grant. MassDEP may require a site visit and/or interview with the top ranked applicants as part of the evaluation.
Grant Application Cycles
- Round 1: Application Deadline is Wednesday, February 17, 2016, at 5:00 p.m.
- Round 2: Application Deadline is Wednesday, July 15, 2016, at 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply
- Review the complete eligibility, material and activity requirements: 2016 Recycling Business Development Grant Application
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Submit your completed application form in PDF format via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have Questions? Need Additional Information?
Contact Greg Cooper of MassDEP: 617-292-5988 or email@example.com