- Sodium hypochlorite, the active ingredient in most pool chemicals, can irritate eyes and skin.
- Sodium hypochlorite is highly reactive; can cause fire if in contact with organic materials.
- Handle with rubber gloves.
- Do not mix with ammonia or vinegar as it will produce toxic chloramine gas.
- Sodium hypochlorite is the same chemical used in most water treatment facilities. Check with your facility to see if they will accept it.
- Do not dispose of in the trash or down the drain.
- Take to hazardous household waste collection day or commercial hazardous waste facility.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.