Business Planning, Startup & Expansion Assistance
- Lender's Guide to the Recycling Industry
- Market Resources for the Recycling Industry
- Recycling Loan Fund
Administered by BDC Capital and funded by MassDEP this fund provides loans of between $50,000 and $500,000 to help Massachusetts businesses active in obtain the capital they need for recycling-related activities.
Collecting, Sourcing, Processing & Marketing
- Marketing On-Farm Compost: A Toolkit of Resources for Farm Compost Operators
A project of the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC).
- Landfills, Transfer Stations, Compost Sites & Recycling Facilities
Find lists of operating and inactive solid waste management facilities and locations across the state.
- Environmentally Preferable Products (EPP) Procurement Program
EPPs help the Commonwealth use its purchasing power to reduce the environmental and public health impact of state government and stimulate market demand for green products and services. From this site, you can find information about the benefits of EPPs, the many statewide contracts currently in place that offer these goods and services, case studies, guides, reports, tools, and information on upcoming events focused on EPPs.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Environmentally Preferable Products & Services Database
- Where to Obtain Recycling & Composting Equipment
MassDEP Recycling Industry Data & Trends
- Solid Waste Master Plan
Provides long-term goals and a policy framework for solid waste management and basic policies for waste reduction, recycling and disposal in Massachusetts.
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
Municipal recycling rates, waste disposal assessments, waste reduction case studies and a variety of other data, reports and surveys on solid waste management in Massachusetts.
MassDEP Regulatory Information & Assistance
- Composting & Organics
Home and community composting, organics recycling, green landscaping and more.
- Managing Construction & Demolition (C&D) Wastes
Tools and resources for the proper management, recycling and disposal of materials from construction and demolition projects. Includes case studies of C&D waste reduction and recycling in specific projects across the state.
- Small Transfer Station Recycling, Composting & Conversion Annual Report
Owner/operators of transfer stations permitted to accept less than 50 tons of waste per day are required to submit this report annually.
- Solid Waste Applications & Forms
Forms and instructions for solid waste management facilities, including siting, construction, operation, modification and closure; annual reporting and compliance certification; and third-party inspections (TPIs).
- Waste & Recycling Laws & Rules