Business Planning, Startup & Expansion Assistance
- Lender's Guide to the Recycling Industry
- Market Resources for the Recycling Industry
- MassDevelopment Bond Financing for Waste Recovery Companies
- Recycling Loan Fund Administered by BDC Capital and funded by MassDEP this fund provides loans of between $50,000 and $500,000 to help Massachusetts businesses active in obtain the capital they need for recycling-related activities.
- US EPA Recycling Market Development
Collecting, Sourcing, Processing & Marketing
- Marketing On-Farm Compost for Sustainability & Economic Viability A project of the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC).
- Massachusetts Directory of Recycled Product Manufacturers
- Landfills, Transfer Stations & Compost Sites
Find lists of operating and inactive solid waste facilities and locations across the state.
- New England Reuse Businesses
- Environmentally Preferable Products (EPP) Procurement Program
EPPs are competitively priced, high performance products and services that can be obtained from over three dozen statewide contracts. They can render significant savings while reducing the state's impact on the environment and public health.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Environmentally Preferable Products & Services Database
- Earth 911
- Where to Obtain Recycling & Composting Equipment
MassDEP Recycling Industry Data & Trends
- Solid Waste Master Plan
Provides long-term goals and a policy framework for solid waste management and basic policies for waste reduction, recycling and disposal in Massachusetts.
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
Municipal recycling rates, waste disposal assessments, waste reduction case studies and a variety of other data, reports and surveys on solid waste management in Massachusetts.
MassDEP Regulatory Information & Assistance
- Composting & Organics
Home and community composting, organics recycling, green landscaping and more.
- Managing Construction & Demolition (C&D) Wastes
Tools and resources for the proper management, recycling and disposal of materials from construction and demolition projects. Includes case studies of C&D waste reduction and recycling in specific projects across the state.
- General Permit Annual Certification - Recycling, Composting or Aerobic/Anaerobic Digestion Operations
Annual certification requirements, forms and instructions for recycling, composting and conversion operations subject to 310 CMR 16.04.
- Solid Waste Applications & Forms
Forms and instructions for solid waste facility operations including siting, closure and annual reporting.
- Waste & Recycling Laws & Rules