A comprehensive collection of strategies, tips and techniques for planning, implementing, building and promoting programs aimed at throwing away less and recycling more.
Module 1: Working with the Media
- Complete Module 1: Working with the Media file size 2MB
- Module 1 Introduction: Working with the Media file size 1MB
- Sample Print Public Service Announcement: Recycler of the Month
- Sample Print Public Service Announcement: Any Town Recycles
- Sample Letter to Accompany Print Public Service Announcement
- Sample Letter to Accompany VHS Tape/DVD
- Sample Photo Release Form
- Municipal Waste Reduction Toolkit: Month-by-Month Outreach Planner
Module 2: Using Mandatory Recycling to Reduce Disposal Costs
- Complete Module 2: Using Mandatory Recycling to Reduce Disposal Costs file size 4MB file size 23MB
- Module 2 Introduction: Using Mandatory Recycling to Reduce Disposal Costs file size 1MB
- Waste Ban Definitions
- Fact Sheet: Your Municipality & Waste Ban Compliance
- Template Instructions for ""Friendly Reminder"" Mandatory Recycling Doorhangers
- Mandatory Recycling Doorhanger
- Doorhanger Template
- North Andover Mandatory Recycling Case Study
- North Andover Bylaw Development
- North Andover Solid Waste Advisory Committee Hauler Guidance file size 2MB file size 13MB
- North Andover Solid Waste Advisory Committee Sample Sorry Sticker
- North Andover Solid Waste Advisory Committee Sample Don't Forget Flyer file size 5MB
- Chelmsford Mandatory Recycling Case Study
- Saugus Mandatory Recycling Case Study
- Tyngsborough Mandatory Recycling Case Study
- Tyngsborough Thank You Letter to Resident
Module 3: Community Reuse Events & Recycling at Special Events
- Complete Module 3: Hosting Community Reuse Events
file size 4MBResources for recycling at special events from the MassDEP Municipal Waste Reduction Toolkit.
- Module 3 Introduction: Community Reuse Events & Recycling at Special Events file size 1MB
- How to Organize a Reuse & Recycling Collection Event: Checklist
- Case Study: Concord's Drop & Swap
- Case Study: Regional Five Town Reuse Project
- Case Study: Southeast Regional Recycling Partnership (SERRP)
- Sample Publicity Flyer
- Sample Reuse Listing
- Sample Press Advisory
- Sample News Release: Reuse Event
- Sample News Release: Reuse Event Results
- Special Events Recycling: Adding Recycling to Your Event
- Special Events Waste Reduction Guide: Produced by the Franklin County Solid Waste Management District
A public event recycling and composting how-to guide.
- Best Management Practices: Guide for Special Event Recycling in Rural Areas
- Special Event Case Study: Trash-Free Festival on the Eno River, NC
- Reuse & Special Events Recycling: Materials Conversion
Module 4: Promoting Recycling to Local Businesses
- Complete Module 4: Promoting Recycling to Local Businesses file size 4MB
- Module 4 Introduction: Promoting Recycling to Local Businesses file size 1MB
- Massachusetts WasteWise Program
- News Release Announcing Availability of Business Recycling Toolkit
- Letter to Businesses About Massachusetts Waste Disposal Bans
- Letter to Businesses About Toolkit Availability
- MassDEP Fact Sheet: Motivating Employees to Recycle in the Workplace
- Finding a Recycling Company: Earth 911's Helping Businesses Recycle
- MassDEP Fact Sheet: Commercial & Office Recycling
- Municipal Compliance Fact Sheet: Waste Bans
- Recycling Area Paper Recycling Sign
- Recycling Area Bottles & Cans Recycling Sign
- US EPA Adjust Hauling Services While Reducing Waste
Module 5: Zero Waste
- Complete Module 5: Zero Waste file size 2MB
- Module 5 Introduction: Zero Waste
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Rethink Zero Waste
- Zero Waste & Reuse Events: Principles of Zero Waste
- The Zero Waste Toolkit file size 1MB
- Article for Your Local Paper: Is Zero Waste Possible?
- Article for Your Local Paper: Achieving Zero Waste at Home
- GrassRoots Recycling Network Beyond Recycling: Zero Waste...or Darn Close
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.