- Massachusetts Organics Study & Action Plan, February 2017
- Food Waste Composting Fact Sheet, July 2015
- Report: On-Site Systems for Processing Food Waste, April 2013 file size 1MB
file size 1MBSubmitted to MassDEP by Northeastern University students.
- Food is Not Trash: Redefining Wellesley's Waste Culture by Composting file size 3MBReport prepared by Wellesley College Environmental Studies 300 students, Spring 2013.
- Reducing Food Waste: A How to Guide for Businesses & Institutions, June 2013
- Trimming the Fat: Cutting Costs by Reducing Food Waste
Practical tips for restaurants, supermarkets, commercial food processors and other organizations.
- Supermarket Recycling in Massachusetts
Recycling and composting organics and other waste materials is good for both the environment and a grocery store's bottom line.
- Study: Identification, Characterization & Mapping of Food Waste & Food Waste Generators in Massachusetts, September 2002
- Summary Analysis: Massachusetts Commercial / Institutional Food Waste Generation Data
- Food Waste Generators in Massachusetts file size 1MB file size 1MB
- Massachusetts Food Waste Generator Map file size 1MB
- Map & List of Massachusetts Sites Accepting Diverted Food Waste Material, October 2017 These facilities can help businesses and institutions comply with the ban on disposal of commercial organics by accepting their food wastes.
- RecyclingWorks in Massachusetts Food Waste Page
- Biodegradable Products Institute
Learn about certified compostable products available to commercial and institutional food service providers.