Supermarket Recycling Program Certification
Recycling & Reuse Assistance for Supermarkets
- Supermarket Composting Handbook file size 1MB
- Organics & Food Materials
- Donation & Reuse
Options for donating electronics, construction materials, office equipment and household items.
- Commercial, Institutional & Agricultural Composting & Organics
Information about agricultural, commercial and municipal compost sites, food material management, the annual Organics Recycling Summit, more.
- Assistance for Businesses
Tools for expanding commercial and office recycling, options for donating and recycling surplus equipment and furniture, and information about operating recycling and composting businesses.
Background Information & News
- Memoranda of Understanding Between MassDEP & Massachusetts Food Association: Targeted Reduction in the Distribution of Grocery Bags, March 2009
- MassDEP Consumer Brochure: Sack the Bag!
- Enhancing Recycling in Supermarkets, August 2005
- Supermarket Organics Recycling Network (SORN): MassDEP Report to EPA, January 2006
- Attachment F: Store Organics Tracking Form
- Attachment G: Store/Chain Annualized Organics Recycling Tonnage, 2003-2004