- Municipal Compliance Fact Sheet: Waste Bans
What municipal officials need to know about waste ban regulations in Massachusetts.
- Waste Ban Guidance for Operators of Solid Waste Facilities, April 2014
- Attachments A-F: Inspection Sheet, Sample Letters, Suggested Signage
- Attachment G: Compliance Plan Form for Facility Operators
- Waste Ban Reporting Data Trends & Focus Group Meeting Materials
- Commercial Organic Materials Waste Ban Guidance for Businesses, Institutions & Haulers, June 2014
Compliance information for businesses and institutions that dispose of one ton or more of organic material per week.
- Gypsum Wallboard Waste Ban Compliance Guidance: C&D Handling Facilities, May 2013
This guidance clarifies the waste ban requirements for constructions and demolition (C&D) debris handling facilities and provides guidance on approaches that MassDEP considers acceptable for complying with them.
- Massachusetts Waste Disposal Bans
A number of easy-to-recycle and toxic materials are banned from disposal in Massachusetts combustion facilities and landfills.