Facility & Trend Information
- Covanta of SEMASS Facility Overview
- Location: 141 Cranberry Road, Rochester, MA 02770
- Number of Units: 3
- Total Capacity Per Day: 3,000 tons (1,000 tons per unit average)
- Combustion Process: Refuse-Derived Fuel
- Pollution Controls: Units 1 and 2-Dry scrubber, fabric filter/electrostatic precipitator hybrid; Unit 3-Dry scrubber, selective non-catalytic reduction, fabric filter
- Ash Disposal Facility: Carver-Marion-Wareham Ash Landfill, Carver
- Contract Communities (55): Acushnet, Aquinnah, Attleboro, Avon, Barnstable, Berkley, Braintree, Brewster, Bridgewater, Canton, Carver, Chatham, Cohasset, Dennis, Dighton, Duxbury, East Bridgewater, Eastham, Fairhaven, Falmouth, Freetown, Halifax, Hanover, Hanson, Harwich, Hingham, Holbrook, Kingston, Lakeville, Marion, Mashpee, Mattapoisett, Middleborough, Norwell, Orleans, Pembroke, Plymouth, Plympton, Provincetown, Quincy, Rochester, Rockland, Sandwich, Scituate, Sharon, Stoughton, Truro, Waltham, Wareham, Wellfleet, West Bridgewater, Weymouth, Whitman, Wrentham, Yarmouth
- Municipal Waste Combustors: Covanta of SEMASS Technical Profile
Municipal Waste Combustors: Covanta of SEMASS Technical Profile
- Facility Profiles for All Units Subject to 7.08(2)
- Municipal Waste Combustor Emissions Reports
Most waste-to-energy facilities in Massachusetts are required to submit periodic emissions reports to MassDEP and notify the agency when their emissions exceed applicable limits.
- Final Approval of Covanta of SEMASS Emission Control Plan (ECP)
Covanta of SEMASS Class II Recycling Program
- Class II Recycling Program Waste Characterization Study, February 2014 file size 1MB
- Class II Recycling Program Waste Characterization Study, February 2011
- MassDEP Cover Letter
- Final Approval of Permit Modification, September 2009
- MassDEP Cover Letter
- Provisional Approval of Permit Modification, August 2009
Covanta of SEMASS - Material Separation Plans
- Covanta of SEMASS MSP6: January 2013 to December 2017 Final Plan & Budget
- Covanta of SEMASS MSP5: January 2010 to December 2012
Final Plan & Summary of Budget
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.