Facility & Trend Information
- Wheelabrator Millbury Facility Overview
- Location: 331 Southwest Cutoff Road, Millbury, MA 01527
- Number of Units: 2
- Total Capacity Per Day: 1,500 tons (750 tons per unit average)
- Combustion Process: Mass Burn
- Pollution Controls: Units 1 and 2-Dry scrubber, fabric filters, selective non-catalytic reduction, carbon injection
- Ash Disposal Facility: Shrewsbury Ash Landfill, Shrewsbury
- Contract Communities (39): Auburn, Blackstone, Dedham, Dover, East Brookfield, Framingham, Franklin, Grafton, Holden, Holliston, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Mansfield, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millbury, Millis, Millville, Natick, Needham, Norfolk, Northborough, Paxton, Princeton, Rutland, Sherborn, Shrewsbury, Southborough, Spencer, Sutton, Upton, Walpole, Westborough, Weston, Westwood, Worcester
- Municipal Waste Combustors: Wheelabrator Millbury Technical Profile
Municipal Waste Combustors: Wheelabrator Millbury Technical Profile
- Facility Profiles for All Units Subject to 7.08(2)
- Municipal Waste Combustor Emissions Reports
Most waste-to-energy facilities in Massachusetts are required to submit periodic emissions reports to MassDEP and notify the agency when their emissions exceed applicable limits.
- Final Approval of Wheelabrator Millbury Emission Control Plan (ECP)
Wheelabrator Millbury Class II Recycling Program
- Class II Recycling Program Waste Characterization Study, January 2014 file size 15MB
- Class II Recycling Program Waste Characterization Study, March 2011 file size 1MB file size 3MB
- MassDEP Cover Letter
- Final Approval of Permit Modification, September 2009
- MassDEP Cover Letter
- Provisional Approval of Permit Modification, August 2009
Wheelabrator Millbury - Material Separation Plans
- Wheelabrator Millbury MSP6: January 2013 to December 2017
- Wheelabrator MSP6: Budget Summary For all Wheelabrator facilities in Massachusetts.
- Wheelabrator MillburyMSP5: January 2010 to December 2012
- Wheelabrator Millbury MSP5: Modified Budget Summary
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.