Permit Fact Sheet
- What is the purpose of this permit?
This permit serves to protect the public's health and welfare through the control of any product or operation that comes into contact with public drinking water. These products and operations must be controlled to prevent contaminants from leaking into the drinking water as well as to ensure that the products and operations work as designed. This permit consists of an approval for a vending machine prototype installation. Regulatory authority for this permit is stated in 310 CMR 22.04 (6), of the Drinking Water Regulations.
- Who must apply?
Manufacturers or their representatives who want approval of a vending machine.
- What other requirements should be considered when applying for this permit?
If manufacturers or their representatives apply for this permit as part of a facility modification it may also be necessary for them to apply for other MassDEP water treatment permits, e.g. BRP WS 09, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 or 29.
Note: These additional requirements are intended to serve as a guide to the applicant. It does not necessarily include all additional requirements.
- What is the application fee?
See Permit Application Timelines and Fees Schedule .
- What is the Primary Permit Location? What is the Reserve Copy Location?
PRIMARY PERMIT LOCATION
Department of Environmental Protection
____________* Regional Office
*Find Your Region
RESERVE COPY LOCATION
- Where can I get a copy of the timelines?
The timelines are available on the MassDEP Website: Permit Application Timelines and Fees Schedule
- What is the annual compliance fee?
There is no annual compliance fee for this permit.
- How long is this permit in effect?
This permit is in effect as long as the applicant remains in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations and the Department determines that the product or operations continue to protect the public health and welfare.
- How can I avoid the most common mistakes made in applying for this permit?
- Fill in all information on the MassDEP Application Form BRP WS Application.
- Attach all information requested on the Application Completeness Checklist.
- Send application and one copy of the MassDEP Transmittal Form to MassDEP Regional Office, Water Supply.
- Submit fee and one copy of the MassDEP Transmittal Form to: Department of Environmental Protection, P. O. Box 4062, Boston, MA 02211.
- What are the regulations that apply to this permit? Where can I get copies?
These regulations include, but are not limited to:
- Drinking Water Regulations, 310 CMR 22.00.
- Timely Action and Fee Provisions, 310 CMR 4.00.
- Administrative Penalty Regulations, 310 CMR 5.00.