Permit Fact Sheet
- Purpose of License
Transporter licensing serves to protect public health, welfare, and the environment through the review of a firm's
qualifications and competence to transport hazardous wastes. License review includes assessment of an
applicant's insurance coverage, driver training program, and emergency response procedures/equipment.
- MassDEP Unit Responsible for License Review
Bureau of Waste Prevention, Business Compliance Division, Hazardous Waste Transporter Program
One Winter Street
Boston, MA 02108
- Who Must Apply
Any firm or individual that wishes to continue to transport hazardous wastes beyond the expiration date of their
- Documentation to Accompany Application
Each application for a license to transport hazardous waste must be accompanied by separate informational
attachments. The required information is described briefly in the application form and in some cases; samples
and/or blank forms for the required information are attached to the application. Applicants are advised to read the
regulations listed to be sure that all the necessary information is included.
- Fees Associated with License
• An application fee of $2,375 due when the application is submitted.
• There is no annual compliance fee.
- License Review Timeline
See: Permit Application Timelines and Fees Schedule
- Duration of License
The renewal license is issued for up to five (5) years, provided the applicant remains in compliance with appropriate
laws and regulations.
- What Regulations Apply?
Applicable regulations include, but are not limited to:
• Hazardous Waste Management Regulations, 310 CMR 30.000 (in particular sections 30.010, 30.400, and 30.800)
• Timely Action schedule and Fee Provisions, 310 CMR 4.00.
These may be purchased online, in person, or by mail at the Massachusetts State Bookstore
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .