There is no application fee.
On-Site Recycling of Class A Regulated Recyclable Materials (RRMs) may involve waste oil/used oil fuel burning in approved space heaters; solvent recovery in free standing distillation units; or silver recovery using stand-alone silver recovery units not subject to the Environmental Results Program (See: 310 CMR 71: Industrial Wastewater Regs Photo Processors ).
Facilities that did not have MassDEP Class A Recycling Permits by February 27, 2004, are required to notify MassDEP before beginning on-site recycling activities. Facilities that had DEP Class A Recycling Permits by that date are not required to submit notifications. The notification form contains five sections:
- Section A requires general information such as company name, address and EPA Identification number. If your company does not have an EPA Identification number or a MassDEP-assigned number, complete and submit to the Department the appropriate generator identification number application form. See Hazardous Waste Forms , visit the nearest MassDEP regional office ( Find Your Region ), or call the MassDEP Hazardous Waste Compliance Assistance Line at 617-292-5898.
- Section B requires you to describe the material to be recycled and identify the appropriate Recycling Activity.
- Part B 1: Waste Oil/Use Oil Fuel to be burned for energy recovery in a Space Heater. Contact your local fire department about its permitting requirements.
- Part B 2: Spent Photographic Fixer (containing silver). Identify the type of silver recovery process used in the freestanding unit; more than one process may apply.
- Part B 3: Spent Solvent reclaimed for on-site reuse in a Free-Standing Distillation Unit.
- Part B 4: If your facility is conducting on-site recycling other than the materials/activity described in Parts B1 through B3, check off the appropriate activity that applies to your facility. For assistance, contact the Bureau of Waste Prevention Recycling Permit Writer at your local MassDEP regional office.
- Section C provides information about pollution prevention and toxics use reduction requirements that may apply to your facility. See Toxics Use Reduction Act (TURA) or call 617-292-5982 to determine if TURA requirements apply to you. There are no questions to answer in this section.
- Section D requires a certification that the information contained on the form is true, accurate and complete and that you have read and understand all the conditions set forth in the package.
- Section E describes the general requirements that hazardous waste recyclers must comply with. The summary is provided for your information. There are no questions to answer in this section.
Notification forms should be sent by certified mail to the appropriate Regional Office ( Find Your Region ). Be sure to retain a copy of the form for your records. If you have any questions about the notification form, the regulations or the performance standards, please call the Hazardous Waste Compliance Assistance Line at 617-292-5898.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.