Permit Fact Sheet
- Who must submit this notification form?
Any party who has completed the closure of a UIC Class V well as defined in 310 CMR 27.00 must complete and submit this form and any required attachments upon completion of the UIC well closure activities in order to obtain final approval of the closure activities from MassDEP.
- What are the fees?
Currently, there are no fees associated with submitting this form.
- What other requirements must be considered?
Prior to submitting this form an applicant is required to have submitted and obtained MassDEP approval of either a BRP WS06 Registration application (if the well was not previously registered with the UIC Program) or a BRP WS06d Pre-Closure application (if the well has already received a UIC Registration Number from MassDEP for the type of discharge that is being closed).
See the instructions for the applicable BRP WS06 Registration application or the BRP WS06d Pre-Closure application for additional information regarding the closure requirements for a UIC Class V well.
- How do I apply?
To submit a UIC Class V Well Post-Closure Notification Form to MassDEP, follow these steps:
- Complete the UIC Class V Well Post-Closure Notification Form. Include all specified information. Use additional sheets if necessary.
- Submit a complete notification package including the UIC Class V Well Post-Closure Notification Form and all required attachments to:
BRP UIC Program
One Winter Street, 5th floor
Boston, MA 02108
- Retain a copy of the complete notification package for your files.