- Presentation for Hospitals & Colleges: Will You Pass a MassDEP Compliance Inspection? file size 1MB
Notes: For best results, download and save the Microsoft Powerpoint version, open the file in Powerpoint, and set to "Normal View" mode. The Powerpoint version is a very large file and, depending on your connection speed, could take considerable time to download.
- Epinephrine Management Options for Schools
Epinephrine is a listed “acutely hazardous waste” because, even at low doses, improper or unknowing use or exposure can cause death or irreversible illness.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products
Some medicines, soaps, lotions and similar products have the potential to interfere with glands that produce hormones controlling the body's metabolic activity and development.
- Grease Traps in Hospital Cafeterias
These units should be inspected monthly and cleaned at least every three months.
- Hazardous Waste Generator Requirements
Determine your generator status, find out what the law requires, and download the forms you will need.
- Industrial Wastewater Management
How MassDEP regulates discharge, treatment, and storage of industrial wastewater to protect the environment.
- Non-Residential Septic System Users
See the section on Hospitals.
- Massachusetts WasteWise Program
Voluntary program that helps private and public organizations generate less solid waste and select non-hazardous industrial wastes.
- MassDEP Infectious Waste Disposal & Transport Information
Learn about state requirements for the management, transportation and disposal of biological and medical wastes.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) Regulations
Rules, record-keeping logs and updates from DPH.
- Mercury Management Act: Summary of the Law
Specifies items banned from disposal, end-of-life product collection and recycling requirements, and exemptions for certain mercury-containing items used in health care settings.
- Resource Management Contracting
Hospitals can reduce waste, increase recycling and lower disposal costs by providing solid waste contractors with clear financial incentives. Includes Lemuel Shattuck Hospital case study.
- Related: Environmental Compliance for Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.