- Presentation for Hospitals & Colleges: Will You Pass a MassDEP Compliance Inspection? file size 1MB
Notes: For best results, download and save the Microsoft Powerpoint version, open the file in Powerpoint, and set to "Normal View" mode. The Powerpoint version is a very large file and, depending on your connection speed, could take considerable time to download.
- Epinephrine Management Options for Schools
Epinephrine is a listed “acutely hazardous waste” because, even at low doses, improper or unknowing use or exposure can cause death or irreversible illness.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care Products
Some medicines, soaps, lotions and similar products have the potential to interfere with glands that produce hormones controlling the body's metabolic activity and development.
- Grease Traps in Hospital Cafeterias
These units should be inspected monthly and cleaned at least every three months.
- Hazardous Waste Generator Requirements
Determine your generator status, find out what the law requires, and download the forms you will need.
- Industrial Wastewater Management
How MassDEP regulates discharge, treatment, and storage of industrial wastewater to protect the environment.
- Non-Residential Septic System Users
See the section on Hospitals.
- Massachusetts WasteWise Program
Voluntary program that helps private and public organizations generate less solid waste and select non-hazardous industrial wastes.
- MassDEP Infectious Waste Disposal & Transport Information
Learn about state requirements for the management, transportation and disposal of biological and medical wastes.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) Regulations
Rules, record-keeping logs and updates from DPH.
- Mercury Management Act: Summary of the Law
Specifies items banned from disposal, end-of-life product collection and recycling requirements, and exemptions for certain mercury-containing items used in health care settings.
- Resource Management Contracting
Hospitals can reduce waste, increase recycling and lower disposal costs by providing solid waste contractors with clear financial incentives. Includes Lemuel Shattuck Hospital case study.
- Related: Environmental Compliance for Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals