The following are required to enable eDEP PDF forms to be filled out on Macintosh computers:
Needed to fill out forms in Safari. Version 10.1.4 has the best results. Other versions do not work. Configure as instructed below.
Safari, in combination with the Adobe Reader Plug-in, is the only browser on Mac that will work with eDEP PDF forms.
Mac OS X 10.5.8 through 10.10 on Intel Macs is required.
Configuring Adobe Reader
- Download and install Adobe Reader 10.1.4
- Launch the Adobe Reader application.
- In the upper left menu bar click on Adobe Reader and choose Preferences.
- In Preferences window, in the left column click on Internet and be sure the top checkbox is checked:
- Again, in the Preferences window, in the left column:
a) click on Security (Enhanced)
b) click the Add Host button
c) enter edep.dep.mass.gov and click Ok
d) click Ok on the button in the lower right of main window
- Quit Adobe Reader
- Launch Safari (if Safari is already running quit and restart Safari) and login to eDEP
- Try to open a form. If you get the message "Please be patient..." for more than 30 seconds, continue with the following:
- In the upper left menu bar click on Safari and choose Preferences.
- Select the Security option as shown below and check the box next to Allow Plug-ins, then click on the Website Settings button.
- In the Security window:
a) in the left column as shown below, select Adobe Reader
b) in the main window, you should see a selection for edep.dep.mass.gov - click the pull down menu and choose Allow Always
c) click the Done button on the lower right main window
- In the Safari window refresh the page or click the back button and choose the form again.