- About Toxics Use Reduction (TUR) Planning
A Toxics Use Reduction (TUR) Plan is a document that provides both economic and technical evaluations of the toxics use reduction opportunities available to a company, and identifies those methods, if any, that the company intends to implement.
- Complete List of TURA Chemicals - March 2017
Except for chemicals that have been de-listed by the Administrative Council on Toxics Use Reduction, TURA reporting and planning requirements apply to those toxic substances that are listed in Section 313 of the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA or "Superfund").
- TUR Planning Forms
Each company subject to Toxics Use Reduction Act (TURA) requirements needs to complete an updated TUR Plan or other TUR planning alternative every two years.
- Toxics Use Reduction Planning Guidance
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Planning Guidance file size 1MB
- Resource Conservation (RC) Planning Guidance file size 1MB file size 1MB
- Toxics Use Reduction (TUR) Planners
Toxics Use Reduction (TUR) Planners are environmental, safety, or process professionals who have passed a uniform certification exam developed by MassDEP and/or have demonstrated relevant education and experience.
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS): A New Option for TURA Filers
Facilities that have an Environmental Management System (EMS) and report chemical use under the Toxics Use Reduction Act (TURA) now have the opportunity to integrate toxics use reduction planning into their EMS so they no longer have to prepare separate TUR plans.
- Resource Conservation (RC) Planning: A New Option for TURA Filers
Facilities that report chemical use under the Toxics Use Reduction Act (TURA) have a new planning option available to them: Resource Conservation (RC) Planning. RC planning gives companies the opportunity to benefit the environment and save money by identifying ways to reduce energy, water, solid waste, or non-TURA regulated chemicals.
- Toxics & Hazards Policies & Guidance
TURA glossary and policies, guidance documents and checklists for specific types of facilities and operations.
- Toxics Use Reduction Planning Compliance Assistance Update