Sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance & Technology (OTA), and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 1
The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) and Office of Technical Assistance and Technology (OTA) are partnering with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to hold four training sessions on calendar year 2015 TURA/TRI reporting requirements. These workshops are designed for experienced reporters and are free, but require registration via email.
New TRI reporters should complete EPA's TRI training modules before attending one of these workshops.
Workshops on calendar year 2015 TURA/TRI reporting requirements have been scheduled for the following dates and locations (see the agenda below):
- Thursday, May 5, 2016
ATMC Conference Center
151 Martine Drive
Fall River, MA
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
North Central Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce
860 South Street
- Thursday, May 26, 2016
Massachusetts Mutual Insurance Co.
Learning & Training Conference Center
350 Memorial Drive (Route 33)
- Thursday, June 2, 2016
Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
6 Plum Island Turnpike
- 8:30 a.m. - Sign-In & Networking
- 9:00 a.m. - 2015 TRI & Other Chemical Reporting (EPA)
- 10:30 a.m. - Break
- 10:45 a.m. - eDEP TURA Reporting: The New & Improved System (MassDEP)
- 12:00 Noon - Lunch (On Your Own)
- 1:00 p.m. - Reporting & Planning Guidance Resources (MassDEP)
- 1:45 p.m. - New Higher Hazard Substances Reporting: Hydrofluoric Acid & Cyanide Compounds (OTA)
- 2:00 p.m. - Break
- 2:15 p.m. - Units of Product and Production Ratios (MassDEP)
- 3:00 p.m. - Toxics Use Reduction & Resource Conservation Case Studies (OTA)
- 4:00 p.m. - Session Concludes
For more information or to register, please email Nicholas Leonardi of EPA (email@example.com) with your name, company and address. You will receive confirmation by email.
Toxics Use Reduction Planners who attend one of these training sessions will qualify for six (6) continuing education credits.