- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Program
The Underground Storage Tank (UST) Program is a major component of the Massachusetts groundwater resource protection effort. MassDEP implements federal requirements addressing registration and inspection of UST systems used to store petroleum fuels or hazardous substances. UST systems found to be leaking or not working properly must be repaired or replaced, and any resulting environmental damage assessed and cleaned up.
- FP-290: Notification for Underground Storage Tanks
Must be completed by the owner for each location containing USTs regulated under 527 CMR 9.00.
- FP-290R: Notification for Removal or Closure of In Place Underground Storage Tanks
Must be completed by the owner after removal or closure of one or more USTs.
- FP-289: Third-Party Underground Storage Tank Inspection Report
To be completed by a Third-Party Inspector.
- FP-290 Part 3: Permit to Maintain Existing/New Underground Storage Tank Facility
Must be submitted annually to the local fire department.