The owners/operators of most underground storage tanks in Massachusetts were required to have their USTs and associated piping inspected by Third-Party Inspectors by August 8, 2010. Inspections must be repeated every three years.
Third-Party Inspectors conduct detailed inspections of USTs and piping systems, and:
- Document the results of their on-site inspections;
- Review facility record keeping to ensure it meets UST Program requirements; and
- Submit reports on their findings to the Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP).
Reports must be submitted to MassDEP on the Third-Party Underground Storage Tank Inspection Report (FP-289) form. See Guidance on Submitting UST Forms Electronically for additional information.
Third-Party Inspectors are hired directly by tank owners and operators. Inspectors report UST facts to MassDEP. While they provide advice to their clients about compliance issues, they are not authorized to enforce laws and regulations.
- Massachusetts UST Facilities' Next Third-Party Inspection Due Dates - April 24, 2015 file size 2MB
This list is updated frequently. NOTE: Facilities are listed in ID Number order, but may be sorted by name, location, etc. in MS Excel. TPI reports are due 14 days after inspections are completed.
- MassDEP Third-Party UST Inspector List - December 2014
This list is updated monthly.
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Regulations & Policies
- Presentation: MassDEP UST Third-Party Inspector Workshops, Winter 2015
file size 2MBCovers the January 2015 amendments to the agency's UST program regulations.
- Third-Party UST Inspector Frequently Asked Questions
- FP-289: Third-Party Underground Storage Tank Inspection Report
- Guidance on Submitting UST Forms Electronically
To learn more about the MassDEP Third-Party UST Inspection Program, call the agency's UST Hotline at 617-556-1035, Extension 2, or write: DEP.UST@state.ma.us
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.