Information Applicable to All UIC Filings
- UIC Class V Well Category and Well Type Descriptions
Descriptions of the various types of UIC Class V wells that require a MassDEP Registration Number.
- UIC Class V Well Registration Application Fee Table
Reference table for UIC permit fees, categorized by well type, property type, and fee amount. Revised June 2014.
- Underground Injection Control
The Underground Injection Control Program protects groundwater sources by regulating the injection of fluids from drains and other underground outlets into these sources.
UIC Forms - Filing with eDEP
- eDEP Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
Instructions and frequently asked questions about online filing with eDEP.
- eDEP Online Filing
A secure site for submitting environmental permits, transmittals, certifications, and reports electronically to MassDEP.
- eDEP UIC General Guidance file size 2MB
file size 2MB
The basics of filing UIC forms via eDEP.
- eDEP UIC Forms General Instructions file size 2MB
file size 1MB
Detailed instructions for filing UIC forms in eDEP.
- Instructions for Completing UIC Registration Applications and Modifications of UIC Registration Applications (BRP WS06 and BRP WS06 Modification or Well Conversion)
Detailed instructions regarding the information required for completing the UIC eDEP Registration (BRP WS06) and eDEP Modification (BRP Modification or Well Conversion) application forms.
- Instructions for Completing UIC Well Completion of Construction Notification Form
Detailed instructions regarding the required information for completing the UIC eDEP Well Completion of Construction Notification form.
- Instructions for Completing UIC Pre-Closure Applications (Registered UIC Well Pre-Closure Notification)
Detailed instructions regarding the required information for completing the UIC eDEP Registered UIC Well Pre-Closure Notification form.
- Instructions for Completing UIC Well Post-Closure Notification Form
Detailed instructions regarding the required information for completing the eDEP UIC Well Post-Closure Notification form.
- Instructions for Completing UIC Registered Well Monitoring Report
Detailed instructions regarding the required information for completing the eDEP UIC Registered Well Monitoring Report.
Well Registration Application Forms
- BRP WS 06 - UIC Registration - Open-Loop Ground Source Heat Pump Well
Registration of an open-loop ground source heat pump well (geothermal well), or modification of an existing registration. Revised August 2013.
- UIC Application for Closed-Loop Ground Source Heat Pump Well
This registration applies to any party that has discharged, or is discharging, to a Class V closed-loop or direct exchange well as defined in the Underground Injection Control Regulations.
- BRP WS 06 - UIC Registration - Water Purification Discharge Well
Registration of any subsurface discharge from a water purification system that is not required to obtain an Industrial Wastewater or Groundwater Discharge Permit. Fees revised June 2014.
- BRP WS 06 UIC Registration - Public Water System Special Drainage Well
Any party who has discharged, is discharging, or proposes to discharge to a Class V Public Water System Special Drainage Well as defined in 310 CMR 27.00 must apply, unless exempted by 310 CMR 27.07. Revised February 2015.
- BRP WS 06 - UIC Registration - Stormwater Discharge Well
Use this form to apply to the UIC Program for registration of any subsurface discharge of stormwater. This form shall also be used to apply for a modification of an existing UIC Registration. Revised June 2014.
- BRP WS 06 - UIC Registration
Registration of any subsurface discharge from any of the UIC Class V well types that are not included in the well-type-specific BRP WS06 forms. Revised February 2015.
- BRP WS 06d - UIC Registration - Pre-Closure of Unauthorized Well
Registration for Pre-Closure of any unauthorized UIC Class V well type. Fees revised June 2014.
- BRP WS 06d - Pre-Closure of a Previously Registered UIC Well
Pre-Closure of any UIC Class V well for which a MassDEP UIC Registration Number was previously issued. Revised August 2013.
Filing with Downloadable Forms: Additional UIC Forms
- UIC Class V Well - Completion of Construction Notification Form
Discharges to UIC Class V well(s) cannot begin until this form has been submitted to MassDEP and approval is received to begin discharging to the well(s).
- UIC Class V Well Post-Closure Notification Form
This form must be filed upon closure of a UIC Class V well.
- Notice of Plumbing Inspector Approval to Seal Floor Drain
A plumbing inspector must approve any sealing of a floor drain, and this notice must be filed with MassDEP and the local Board of Health.
- UIC Class V Well Stormwater Technical Compliance Form and Certification Statement
This form is used by MassDEP and the applicant to determine whether a UIC registration for stormwater discharge may be approved.
- UIC Class V Well Motor Vehicle Rinse Water, Snow/Ice Melt or Rain Drip Technical Compliance Form and Certification Statement
This form constitutes notice that the entity owning or operating a motor-vehicle rinse-water infiltration/injection well system certifies that hazardous-substance storage areas are not in contact with the rinse-water.
- Proposal for Chemical Use in UIC Class V Well
Application for approval of chemical use in an underground injection well.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.