- Automated Messaging and Public Notice
Discusses automated messaging (Reverse 911) calling to broadcast urgent drinking water messages. This method can only be used in conjunction with required public notifications.
- Tier 1 Public Notice: Bacteriological Situation or Violation
Parameters of a situation requiring Tier 1 Public Notice.
- Fact Sheet: Drinking Water Public Notification
The basics of the Drinking Water Public Notification process.
- FAQs: Drinking Water Public Notification
Public Water Systems must notify the people they serve when their water exceeds federal or state water quality standards. This is an extensive list of questions and answers about the public notification process.
- Drinking Water Program Public Notification & Emergency Contacts
Drinking Water public-notification information for violations or potential violations of Maximum Contaminant Levels.
- Translations for Public Notification
Translations of basic drinking-water messages in 27 different languages, provided by the Washington State Department of Health.
- US EPA: Ground Water Rule Compliance Help
Quick reference guides and fact sheets on the Ground Water Rule on EPA's Website.
- US EPA: Public Notification (PN)
Public Notification is intended to ensure that consumers will always know if there is a problem with their drinking water.
- US EPA: Public Notification Handbook
Resources for drinking water system owners and operators to assist them in complying with requirements of the Public Notification (PN) rule.
- US EPA Unregulated Contaminants Monitoring Rule 3, Consumer Confidence Reports and Public Notification
Requirements for unregulated-contaminant monitoring and reporting in Consumer Confidence Reports and Public Notices. Issued April 2014.