U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Engineering and Administrative Recommendations for Water Fluoridation, 1995
Monitoring and Surveillance:
- Water system personnel must monitor daily fluoride levels in the water distribution system. Samples that will reflect the actual level of fluoride in the water system should be taken at points throughout the water system. The sites where samples are taken should be rotated daily.
- At least once each month, water system personnel should divide one sample and have one portion analyzed for fluoride by water system personnel and the other portion analyzed by either the state laboratory or a state-approved laboratory.
- Each water system must send operational reports to the state at least monthly. The report must include:
- The amount and type of chemicals fed and the total number of gallons of water treated per day;
- The results of daily monitoring for fluoride in the water distribution system; and
- The results of monthly split sample(s).
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.