- Funding for Small Drinking Water Infrastructures
For information about infrastructure financing visit MassDEP SRF Loan Program . In addition to our SRF program, USDA has many ways of assisting small systems. Visit their web site or call the USDA RD offices in Hadley (413-585-1000 Len Shuzdak), Wareham (508-295-5151 ext.3 Ron Koontz), Holden (508-829-4477 ext.124 Steven Bonavita) or Amherst (413-253-4303 Daniel Beaudette or James Fritz III). Or call MassDEP representatives Michael Maynard @ 508-767-2735 or Margaret Finn @ 617-292-5746.
- Transient Non-Community Systems Annual Water Quality Reports
The TNC Annual Water Quality Reports were mailed out on September 4, 2013. Reports must be signed and posted by each TNC.
- In the Main - A technical assistance newsletter for Public Water Suppliers
- A Business Owner's Guide to Complying with Massachusetts State Drinking Water Rules file size 3MB
- Cross-Connection Control: A Best Practices Guide for Small Systems
- Ground Water Rule Cover Letter to Small Systems
- Managing Your TNC Drinking Water System file size 4MB
- US EPA: Small Public Water Systems and Capacity Development
Resources for system owners and operators, public agencies, technical-assistance providers, and consumers to learn about drinking water safety.
- Preventive Maintenance Card File for Small Public Water Systems Using Ground Water
- Preventive Maintenance Log Cards
- Point-of-Use and Point-of-Entry Devices Regulation
Excerpt from the Massachusetts Drinking Water Regulations, 310 CMR 22.00, relative to point-of-use and point-of-entry water treatment devices.
- FAQs: Point of Entry/Point of Use Home Treatment Devices
These devices - such as carbon filters, ion treatment, reverse osmosis systems, etc. - are installed locally, either at the water service connection of a building (point of entry) or right at the tap (point of use), to treat aesthetic issues such as taste or odor or to help meet drinking water standards. Revised March 2014.
- New Technology Approvals for POE/POU Devices/Systems (BRP WS31)
List of MassDEP-approved technologies for point-of-entry/point-of-use (POE/POU) devices for water filtration. January 2012.
Model Small-System Operation and Maintenance Manual
Small public water systems can use this model to compose their own operation-and-maintenance manuals.
Preparing for a Sanitary Survey file size 1MB
Helping small public water systems prepare for routine sanitary surveys.
- Record Keeping Rules: A Quick Reference Guide
Safe Drinking Water and Your Campground
Most campgrounds meet the definition of small public water systems. This factsheet explains how campground operators can ensure that drinking water stays clean and that the facility complies with regulations
- Rural Community Assistance Partnership
Provides technical, training, educational and financial assistance for rural communities. Materials available include a guide on setting rates and a guide for financial management of small water utilities.
Sodium in Public Drinking Water
Guidance for public water suppliers on monitoring and reporting sodium levels in drinking water.
Talking To Your Decision Makers: A Best Practices Guide
This guide will help small water systems better understand the roles of the person or group who oversees the system and how to communicate with them. December 2007.
- US EPA: Technical Assistance Center Network (TACNET)
A network of programs providing training and other resources for small systems to protect public health, improve system sustainability, and enhance compliance.
- Water System Operator Roles and Responsibilities: A Best Practices Guide for Small Systems
- Vending Machines
- The Water We Drink: Small Community Outreach Campaign
- Wellhead Protection Tips For Small Public Water Systems
Zone I Notification Letter
A sample public notification letter for use by water suppliers to inform their customers about the need to protect their water supplies. October 2005.