Well Drillers Program
- 310 CMR 46.00: Certification of Well Drillers and Filing of Well Completion Reports
The process and qualifications for certification of well drillers, and their responsibilities under that certification.
- List of Certified Well Drillers
Annual list of certified well drillers (January 1, 2014-December 31, 2014). In Massachusetts, only registered drillers can drill wells. Updated July 2014.
- Well Driller Program - SearchWell
An online service to help locate wells around the state. Wells are mapped by town with information on how many wells are recorded in the database. Search by location, well type, and other options, and view GIS maps of recorded well locations.
- Underground Injection Control
The Underground Injection Control Program protects groundwater sources by regulating the injection of fluids from drains and other underground outlets into these sources.
- Private Wells
Private wells are under the jurisdiction of local boards of health. This page includes guidance, testing, and maintenance recommendations and other resources for private well owners.
- Massachusetts Boards of Health Lookup
Online directory of boards of health and health districts, provided by the Massachusetts Association of Health Boards.
- Well Drillers Program Advisory Committee
This group advises MassDEP on issues relating to the drilling of wells and the regulation, training, and certification of well-drillers in Massachusetts.
- American Ground Water Trust
Resources for ground water management.
- National Ground Water Association
The National Ground Water Association provides guidance to water professionals, government, and the public on management and protection of ground water resources.
- Massachusetts Ground Water Association
Professional association for well drillers, pump installers, and others involved with groundwater protection.
- US EPA Ground Water & Drinking Water
US EPA's program for safe drinking water and ground water.
- US EPA: Private Drinking Water Well Information
Information from US EPA on private wells. Like MassDEP, EPA does not regulate private water supplies, but provides information for consumers on health and safety issues associated with private supplies, including testing, treatment, proper maintenance, and information for real estate buyers and sellers.
- American Water Works Association
The American Water Works Association website provides professional, technical, and educational resources for water professionals.
- Degrees, Minutes, Seconds and Decimal Degrees Latitude/Longitude Conversions
Utility provided by the Federal Communications Commission for converting latitude and longitude to decimal values.
- GPS Coordinate Converter, Maps and Info
A tool to assist users of hand-held GPS units in converting from one type of coordinate to another.
Well Drillers Forms
- Well Completion Report Request
Form to request a copy of a Well Completion Report.
- Well Completion Report Correction & Change Request
Request to change information on a previously submitted Well Completion Report.
- Well Driller Re-Certification
The January-December 2013 Well Driller Re-Certification form was mailed in November 2012 to all certified well drillers. It is to be completed by all well drillers currently certified and doing work in Massachusetts. If you are a driller not previously certified in Massachusetts, please contact Steve Hallem at 617-292-5681 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Well Drillers Forms - eDEP Online Filing
- Well Completion Report Codes
Table of codes to be used in completing Well Driller reports.
- General Well Report
Report to be filed upon completion of the drilling or alteration of a general well.
- Monitoring Well Report
Report to be filed upon completion of the drilling or alteration of a monitoring well.
- Well Completion Addendum Form - Monitoring Wells
Addendum to Monitoring Well Completion Report.
- Geothermal Direct Exchange Well Report
Addendum to Well Completion Report for direct exchange geothermal wells.
- Geothermal Closed-Loop Well Report
Report to be filed upon completing the drilling or alteration of a geothermal closed-loop well.
- Well Completion Addendum - Geothermal Closed-Loop Wells
Addendum to Well Completion Report for geothermal closed-loop wells.
- Decommissioned Well Report
Report to be filed upon completion of the decommissioning of a drilled well.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.