Grant Program Guides
Watershed Projects Grants Program Grantees Guide
- Watershed Projects Grants Program Grantees Guide
- Quarterly Progress Report Form
- Watershed Project Invoice/Payment Voucher Form
- Match Certification Form for Watershed Project Grants
- PV Attachment for Reporting DMBE/DWBE Activity
- Application for DM/WBE Waiver
- Guidance for Ensuring DM/WBE Compliance
- Suggested Final-Report Format for s.319 Projects
- Final-Report Format for s.604b Projects
- Helpful Websites for Water Quality Management Grant Proposal Development and Funding Sources - 2015
Grant and Loan Programs: Opportunities for Watershed Protection, Planning and Implementation
- Grant and Loan Programs: Opportunities for Watershed Protection, Planning and Implementation
Descriptions, eligibility requirements, and the application process for grant and loan programs available from MassDEP.
Section 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Grants Program
This grant program is authorized under Section 319 of the federal Clean Water Act for implementation projects that address the prevention, control, and abatement of nonpoint source (NPS) pollution. In general, eligible projects must: implement measures that address the prevention, control, and abatement of NPS pollution; target the major source(s) of nonpoint source pollution within a watershed/subwatershed; contain an appropriate method for evaluating the project results; and must address activities that are identified in the Massachusetts NPS Management Plan. Proposals may be submitted by any interested Massachusetts public or private organization. To be eligible to receive funding, a 40% non-federal match is required from the grantee.
The Request for Responses for s. 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Grants for Federal Fiscal Year 2016 was posted on April 1, 2015. Selected projects were announced on October 21, 2015. Here is a printable list of recommended projects: 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Grants Project Recommendations
The RFR for FFY 2017 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Projects is anticipated to be announced on or about April 1, 2016. Two pre-RFR meetings will be held in March 2016 in MassDEP's Central Regional Office; see announcement below for details:
Applications for Watershed-based Plan Demonstration projects have been reviewed and recommended. The list of demonstration selections is here: Demonstration Projects for the Massachusetts Watershed-Based Plan . For more information, please contact Jane Peirce, email@example.com.
FFY 2016 S. 319 Grant Round (closed)
Tools for developing 319 proposals
Nonpoint Source Reports
- Grant Writing Workshops (leaves MassDEP site)
MassDEP’s 319 Nonpoint Source Program is collaborating with the MassBays National Estuaries Program to present grant writing workshops aimed at helping municipalities, agencies, non-profits, and other entities better understand how to secure grant funding for clean water projects. MassDEP, CZM, DFG, DCR, EEA, and MEMA are some the agencies that will be present to describe their grant programs. The agenda includes: 1. How to read and respond to a funding opportunity; 2. Understanding proposal components; and 3. How to construct a budget and timeline.
The workshop will be presented three times in late March and early April, in Taunton, Lawrence, and Sturbridge. Admission is free, underwritten by the 319 Nonpoint Source Program, with attendance limited to two people from the same organization. Logistics and event planning support is being provided by the Baystate Roads program of MassDOT.
- Final Massachusetts Year 2012 Integrated List of Waters (CWA Sections 303d and 305b) file size 2MB
file size 7MB
Listing of waterbodies in Massachusetts that are not expected to meet surface water quality standards (their capacity to support designated uses such as fishing, recreation, drinking water supply, or aquatic life support) and require the development of a Total Maximum Daily Load to establish pollution controls and corrective measures.
- The Clean Water Toolkit - February 2006
Also known as the Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Manual, the Toolkit is in interactive electronic PDF format. It includes information about nonpoint source pollution, a selector tool for choosing appropriate best management practices by criteria and alphabetically, and instructions. The Toolkit is accessible on the Web or as a CD ROM.
- Determining MS4 Status of the Project Area
Section 319 Nonpoint Source Grants may only be used for work that is not required by NPDES stormwater permits.
Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Plan
- 2014-2019 Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Management Program Plan file size 5MB
The Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Management Plan is an integrated strategy for preventing, controlling, and reducing pollution from nonpoint sources to protect and improve the quality of the Commonwealth's waters.
604b Grant Program Water Quality Management Planning
This grant program is authorized under the federal Clean Water Act Section 604(b) for water quality assessment and management planning. Eligible entities include: regional planning agencies, councils of governments, conservation districts, counties, cities and towns, and other substate public planning agencies and interstate agencies. No local match is required.
FFY2016 604b Grant Round
- FFY 2016 604b Grant Announcement & Request for Responses
MassDEP is seeking project proposals from eligible applicants that will focus on nonpoint source assessment and planning projects with the goal of developing strategies to address water-quality impairments. March 25, 2016 is the deadline for submittals. December 2015.
604b Grant Program Resources
- Impacts of NPDES MS4 and RDA Stormwater Permits on 604b and 319 Eligibility in Regulated Areas
How NPDES or MS4 status may impact grant applications under the s.319 or s.604b grants.
- Notice of New Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program and Changes in Utilization of MBE and WBE Firms on Federally Assisted Projects
Information for grant applicants on requirements for minority- or women-owned businesses employed on projects.
Indicative Project Summaries
Section 319 Project summaries from past years
- Section 319 Project summaries from past years file size 1MB
604b Project summaries from past years
- 604b Project Summaries from Past Years
- S.604B Water Quality Management Planning Project Summaries FFY1998-2014