Grant Program Guides
Watershed Projects Grants Program Grantees Guide
- Watershed Projects Grants Program Grantees Guide
- Quarterly Progress Report Form
- Watershed Project Invoice/Payment Voucher Form
- Match Certification Form for Watershed Project Grants
- PV Attachment for Reporting DMBE/DWBE Activity
- Application for DM/WBE Waiver
- Guidance for Ensuring DM/WBE Compliance
- Suggested Final-Report Format for s.319 Projects
- Final-Report Format for s.604b Projects
- Helpful Websites for Water Quality Management Grant Proposal Development and Funding Sources - 2015
Grant and Loan Programs: Opportunities for Watershed Protection, Planning and Implementation
- Grant and Loan Programs: Opportunities for Watershed Protection, Planning and Implementation
Descriptions, eligibility requirements, and the application process for grant and loan programs available from MassDEP.
Section 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Grants Program
This grant program is authorized under Section 319 of the federal Clean Water Act for implementation projects that address the prevention, control, and abatement of nonpoint source (NPS) pollution. In general, eligible projects must: implement measures that address the prevention, control, and abatement of NPS pollution; target the major source(s) of nonpoint source pollution within a watershed/subwatershed; contain an appropriate method for evaluating the project results; and must address activities that are identified in the Massachusetts NPS Management Plan. Proposals may be submitted by any interested Massachusetts public or private organization. To be eligible to receive funding, a 40% non-federal match is required from the grantee.
The Bureau of Water Resources announces its annual Request for Proposals under the s.319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Grants Program. 319 funds are directed at the remediation of impaired waters and protection of healthy watersheds. The RFR will be found at the new COMMBUYS site on or about April 1, 2015.
FFY 2016 S. 319 Grant Round
- Pre-RFR Notice for FFY 2016 S. 319 Nonpoint Source Pollution Competitive Grants Program
Preliminary information about FFY 2016 grant round, including tentative dates and priority waterbodies.
Tools for developing 319 proposals
Nonpoint Source Reports
- Final Massachusetts Year 2012 Integrated List of Waters (CWA Sections 303d and 305b) file size 2MB
file size 7MB
Listing of waterbodies in Massachusetts that are not expected to meet surface water quality standards (their capacity to support designated uses such as fishing, recreation, drinking water supply, or aquatic life support) and require the development of a Total Maximum Daily Load to establish pollution controls and corrective measures.
- The Clean Water Toolkit - February 2006
Also known as the Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Manual, the Toolkit is in interactive electronic PDF format. It includes information about nonpoint source pollution, a selector tool for choosing appropriate best management practices by criteria and alphabetically, and instructions. The Toolkit is accessible on the Web or as a CD ROM.
- Determining MS4 Status of the Project Area
Section 319 Nonpoint Source Grants may only be used for work that is not required by NPDES stormwater permits.
Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Plan
- 2014-2019 Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Management Program Plan file size 5MB
The Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Management Plan is an integrated strategy for preventing, controlling, and reducing pollution from nonpoint sources to protect and improve the quality of the Commonwealth's waters.
604b Grant Program Water Quality Management Planning
This grant program is authorized under the federal Clean Water Act Section 604(b) for water quality assessment and management planning. Eligible entities include: regional planning agencies, councils of governments, conservation districts, counties, cities and towns, and other substate public planning agencies and interstate agencies. No local match is required.
FFY2015 604b Grant Round
- FFY 2015 604b Grant Announcement & Request for Responses
MassDEP is seeking project proposals from eligible applicants that will focus on nonpoint source assessment and planning projects with the goal of developing strategies to address water-quality impairments. April 3, 2015 is the deadline for submittals. February 2015.
- 604(b) Water Quality Management Planning Grants
A summary of the program as well as project types and watershed areas receiving MassDEP priority for funding.
604b Grant Program Resources
- Impacts of NPDES MS4 and RDA Stormwater Permits on 604b and 319 Eligibility in Regulated Areas
How NPDES or MS4 status may impact grant applications under the s.319 or s.604b grants.
- Notice of New Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program and Changes in Utilization of MBE and WBE Firms on Federally Assisted Projects
Information for grant applicants on requirements for minority- or women-owned businesses employed on projects.
Indicative Project Summaries
Section 319 Project summaries from past years
- Section 319 Project summaries from past years
604b Project summaries from past years
- 604b Project Summaries from Past Years
- S.604B Water Quality Management Planning Project Summaries FFY1998-2012