Grant Program Guides
Watershed Projects Grants Program Grantees Guide
- Watershed Projects Grants Program Grantees Guide
- Quarterly Progress Report Form
- Watershed Project Invoice/Payment Voucher Form
- Match Certification Form for Watershed Project Grants
- PV Attachment for Reporting DMBE/DWBE Activity
- Application for DM/WBE Waiver
- Guidance for Ensuring DM/WBE Compliance
- Suggested Final-Report Format for s.319 Projects
- Final-Report Format for s.604b Projects
- Helpful Websites for Water Quality Management Grant Proposal Development and Funding Sources - 2016
Grant and Loan Programs: Opportunities for Watershed Protection, Planning and Implementation
- Grant and Loan Programs: Opportunities for Watershed Protection, Planning and Implementation
Descriptions, eligibility requirements, and the application process for grant and loan programs available from MassDEP.
Section 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Grants Program
This grant program is authorized under Section 319 of the federal Clean Water Act for implementation projects that address the prevention, control, and abatement of nonpoint source (NPS) pollution. In general, eligible projects must: implement measures that address the prevention, control, and abatement of NPS pollution; target the major source(s) of nonpoint source pollution within a watershed/subwatershed; contain an appropriate method for evaluating the project results; and must address activities that are identified in the Massachusetts NPS Management Plan. Proposals may be submitted by any interested Massachusetts public or private organization. To be eligible to receive funding, a 40% non-federal match is required from the grantee.
On April 1, 2016 the MassDEP issued the RFR for FFY 2017 319 Nonpoint Source Competitive Projects. Proposals were due June 1, 2016 and grant award announcements were issued September 8, 2016. It is anticipated that sometime during the Spring of 2017 there will be information posted about a new RFR.
Tools for developing 319 proposals
Nonpoint Source Reports
- Final Massachusetts Year 2014 Integrated List of Waters (CWA Sections 303d, 305B and 314) file size 2MB
Listing of waterbodies in Massachusetts that will require the development of a Total Maximum Daily Load to establish pollution controls and corrective measures.
- The Massachusetts Clean Water Toolkit
Also known as the Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Manual, the Toolkit is in interactive electronic format. It includes information about nonpoint source pollution, a selector tool for choosing appropriate best management practices by criteria and alphabetically, and instructions.
- Determining MS4 Status of the Project Area
Section 319 Nonpoint Source Grants may only be used for work that is not required by NPDES stormwater permits.
Nonpoint Source Pollution Management Plan
- 2014-2019 Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Management Program Plan file size 5MB
The Massachusetts Nonpoint Source Management Plan is an integrated strategy for preventing, controlling, and reducing pollution from nonpoint sources to protect and improve the quality of the Commonwealth's waters.
Proposals for Cleaner Water: A Grant Writing Workshop
In Spring 2016, the Department of Environmental Protection teamed up with MassBays and Bay State Roads to produce a series of workshops for municipal and nonprofit staff, "Proposals for Cleaner Water: A Grant Writing Workshop:. Handouts and presentations from the training are linked here:
604b Grant Program Water Quality Management Planning
This grant program is authorized under the federal Clean Water Act Section 604(b) for water quality assessment and management planning. Eligible entities include: regional planning agencies, councils of governments, conservation districts, counties, cities and towns, and other substate public planning agencies and interstate agencies. No local match is required.
FFY2017 604b Grant Round
- Notice of Grant Opportunity - FFY2017 604b Water Quality Management Planning - Pre-RFR Meetings
In advance of the FFY2017 grant round for the 604b Water Quality Management Planning program, MassDEP has scheduled pre-RFR meetings for January 2017. This announcement includes meeting details and a tentative grant-round schedule. December 2016.
NOTE: Due to winter-storm warnings for interior Massachusetts for January 23-24, 2017, MassDEP has CANCELLED the 604b meeting originally scheduled for January 24 in Worcester. The Worcester meeting has been RESCHEDULED for Wednesday, January 25, from 10:00 a.m. to Noon. Revised pre-RFR meeting schedule:
- MassDEP’s Central Regional Office at 8 New Bond Street Worcester MA on Wednesday, January 25th from 10AM to Noon. in the Chicopee Room; and
- MassDEP’s Boston Office at One Winter Street, Boston MA on Friday, January 27th from 10 A.M. to Noon.
See http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/massdep/about/contacts/central-region.html and
http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/massdep/about/contacts/massdep-boston-office-hours-and-directions.html for directions.
604b Grant Program Resources
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program and Utilization of MBE and WBE Firms on Federally Assisted Projects
Information for grant applicants on requirements for minority- or women-owned businesses employed on projects.
Indicative Project Summaries
Section 319 Project summaries from past years
- Section 319 Project summaries from past years
604b Project summaries from past years
- 604b Project Summaries from Past Years
- S.604B Water Quality Management Planning Project Summaries FFY1998-2016
Summaries of projects conducted with grant funds from the S. 604B Water Quality Management Planning Program, FFY 1998-2016.