310 CMR 36.00: The Water Management Act Regulations file size 1MB
These regulations were effective November 2014.
310 CMR 36.00 Email for questions: Duane.LeVangie@state.ma.us
310 CMR 36.00: Proposed Amendments & Public Comment
- There are no proposed regulations out for public comment at this time.
310 CMR 36.00: Recently Promulgated Amendments
- There have been no recent amendments to these regulations.
Water Management Act Annual Report Forms
- 2015 Registered and Permitted Withdrawals Annual Report Form
This reporting form is for non-cranberry growers and non-public water suppliers that must report water withdrawals that are regulated under the Massachusetts Water Management Act. Filing deadline: February 29, 2016.
- 2015 Annual Report Form for Cranberry Growers
This annual report form is for reporting water withdrawals under the Massachusetts Water Management Act. Filing deadline: February 29, 2016.
Water Management Act Program Forms
- Water Management Act Permit Guidance
This guidance document serves as a companion to the Water Management Act Regulations (310 CMR 36.00). The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on how MassDEP intends to implement the Water Management Act Regulations through the permitting process. November 2014.
- Water Management Act 20-Year Permit Renewal Application
This application form is for Water Management permittees who do not anticipate needing more water during the upcoming 20-year permit period than they are currently permitted for in their Water Management Act permit.
- BRP WM 01 - Water Management Permit/Registration Transfer
Request for a complete or partial transfer of the right to withdraw water that was provided through the issuance of a Water Management Act Program registration or permit. Revised March 2006.
- BRP WM 02 - Water Management Permit Amendments
Water Management Act Permit Amendments for decreasing authorized permit volumes, changing the location of withdrawal point(s), adding withdrawal point(s), changing water use, changing permit conditions, or changing location of discharge point(s). Revised May 2009.
- BRP WM 03 - Water Management Withdrawal Permits
MassDEP reviews requests to withdraw water over 100,000 gallons per day annually from watersheds to ensure that new withdrawals will not negatively impact water resources or existing users. Revised June 2007.
- Application Required for Obtaining a Water Management Act Permit
The complete set of forms required to apply for a water-withdrawal permit under the Water Management Act.
Water Management Act Seasonal Demand Management Plan Forms
- Cover Letter: Seasonal Demand Management Plan for Commercial or Industrial Facilities
To assist commercial/industrial facility managers, the Department committed to developing a SDMP outline for permittees. The outline was developed to facilitate the requirement of the SDMP, assess implementation with a list of water conservation Best Management Practices, and evaluate ability to implement a SDMP.
- Seasonal Demand Management Plan for Water Management Industrial Facilities
Cover letter for commercial/industrial facilities with Water Management Act Permits, explaining the development of a Seasonal Demand Management Plan when drought conditions are declared.
- Cover Letter: Seasonal Demand Management Plan for Agricultural Facilities
Consistent with good water conservation practices and as part of the Water Management Permit Renewal, permitted agricultural facilities are required to implement a drought triggered Seasonal Demand Management Plan (SDMP) at permit renewal.
- Seasonal Demand Management Plan for Water Management Agricultural Facilities
Cover letter for agricultural facilities with Water Management Act Permits, explaining the development of a Seasonal Demand Management Plan when drought conditions are declared.
- Cover Letter: Seasonal Demand Management Plan for Golf Courses
Consistent with good water conservation practices, permitted golf courses will be required to implement a drought triggered Seasonal Demand Management Plan (SDMP) as a condition of their Water Management Permit.
- Seasonal Demand Management Plan for Water Management Golf Courses
Cover letter for golf courses with Water Management Act Permits, explaining the development of a Seasonal Demand Management Plan when drought conditions are declared.
Water Conservation Forms
- Water Conservation Questionnaire This questionnaire is based on the Water Conservation Standards for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, which were approved by the Water Resources Commission.
- Notification of Water Use Restriction
Public water systems use this form to notify MassDEP when they impose water-use restrictions in their service areas.