- Memorandum on Revised Massachusetts Regulations for the Certification and Operation of Environmental Analysis Laboratories at 310 CMR 42.00
Memo to Massachusetts-certified environmental laboratories summarizing changes promulgated in November 2016 to the Laboratory Certification regulations, 310 CMR 42.00.
- Rapid Determination of E. coli in Drinking Water Under the Total Coliform Rule in Massachusetts file size 1MB
file size 2MB
Methods for rapid determination of total coliform and E. coli in finished drinking water. Rev. October 2009.
- Certification for the Analysis of Enterococci (Presence/Absence) in Ground Water Source Samples
The federal Ground Water Rule requires public water systems that use ground water to collect and analyze ground water source samples for the presence of fecal indicator organisms each time the system is notified of a total coliform-positive sample collected under Total Coliform Rule bacteria monitoring. Rev. May 2009.
- Cover letter, Laboratory Certification Policies on Proficiency Testing: Chemistry and Microbiology
Cover letter explaining the 2014 update to the policies implementing changes to 310 CMR 42.00, Certification and Operation of Environmental Analysis Laboratories. October 2014.
- WES-14.001 - Laboratory Certification Office Policy on Chemistry Proficiency Testing
The requirements for providers of and participants in a chemistry proficiency-testing program. Revised October 2014.
- WES-14.002 - Laboratory Certification Office Policy on Microbiology Proficiency Testing
The requirements for providers of and participants in a microbiology proficiency-testing program. Revised October 2014.
- New England Certification Officers' Chemistry Checklists
Checklist to record compliance with chemistry-testing parameters for environmental laboratories.
- New England Certification Officers' Microbiology Checklist
Checklist to record compliance with microbiology-testing parameters for environmental laboratories.