- Emergency Repairs to Structures, Roads, and Facilities Located in Wetland Resource Areas or Buffer Zones, and Waterways
Guidance for homeowners and local officials on authorizing emergency work in the event of a sudden or unforeseen emergency.
- Complete Erosion and Sedimentation Control Guidelines: a Guide for Planners, Designers, and Municipal Officials file size 4MB
Best management practices for controlling erosion and sedimentation.
- NPDES Phase II Stormwater Guidance for Meeting Historic Properties Eligibility
Addendum B of the NPDES General Permit for Stormwater Discharges from Small MS4s contains guidance for meeting the requirement of historic property protection. MassDEP has summarized Addendum B but recommends that applicants read the entire permit and appendices.
- Municipal Compliance Fact Sheet: Drinking Water
As a senior municipal official representing the interests of your community, you should be aware that the federal Safe Drinking Water Act and the Massachusetts Drinking Water Regulations apply to all public water systems
- NPDES MS4 Stormwater Definitions
Definitions of key terms in NPDES permitting, including "urbanized area," "municipal separate storm sewer," "storm water," and more, taken from the Code of Federal Regulations and originally published in the Federal Register in November 1990.
- Snow Disposal Guidance
MassDEP guidelines for government agencies and private businesses to use in selecting, preparing and maintaining snow disposal sites.
- Stormwater Best Management Practice Demonstration Tier II Protocol for Interstate Reciprocity
This document is intended to provide a uniform method for demonstrating stormwater technologies and developing quality-assurance plans for certification or verification of performance claims.
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
Revised and updated in February 2008 in accordance with revisions to the Wetlands regulations, 310 CMR 10.00, and the Water Quality Regulations, 314 CMR 9.00, relating to stormwater.
- Wetlands Program Notice to Adopt Method to Convert Stormwater Quality Volume to a Peak Flow Rate
This is a notice that MassDEP is standardizing the computational method used to size proprietary manufactured stormwater treatment devices as part of the Wetlands Protection Program’s ongoing efforts to reduce stormwater pollution.
- Wetlands Program Method to Convert Stormwater Water Quality Volume to Peak Flow Rate
Standardized method to convert stormwater Water Quality Volume to Peak Flow Rate.
- Changes to the Stormwater Management Standards, 2008
A detailed explanation of the revisions made in 2008 to the Massachusetts Stormwater Management Standards, reflecting technological and scientific advancements since the Standards were first issued in 1996.
- Water Resource Management Planning Guidance Document
This guidance is intended to explain the types of water management planning reports towns and communities can use when approaching their particular wastewater, drinking water and stormwater issues.
- How an NPDES Stormwater General Permit Works
A stormwater general permit is both a permit and a handbook for compliance. Each general permit has a preamble (or fact sheet) that summarizes the factual, legal, methodological, and policy questions considered in drafting the permit. The information in the fact sheet often helps the reader better understand the intent of the provisions in the permit.