Community Septic Management Program Project Manual & Other Guidance
- Community Septic Management Program Manual file size 6MB
A comprehensive guide to help communities implement local Community Septic Management Programs, using the State Revolving Fund to assist homeowners, through betterment loans, to bring their septic systems into compliance with Title 5.
- The Community Septic Management Program
This program provides low-cost loans to communities to devise local inspection and septic management plans. Local inspection plans are intended to protect environmentally sensitive areas from contamination; septic management plans identify areas that need monitoring and maintenance.
- Introduction to Management Districts in Massachusetts
Management districts are legal and geographic entities established in order to carry out environmental work such as funding and building infrastructure improvements, managing infrastructure or programs, or providing other environmental protection services.
- Framework for Site Evaluation, Design, and Engineering of On-Site Technologies within a Management Context file size 1MB
Guidance document describing a process for site evaluation, design, and engineering of on-site systems within a management context that addresses both risk management and long term operation and maintenance.
- Framework for Site Evaluation, Design, and Engineering of On-Site Technologies within a Management Context - Appendix
Case study - cost estimates for 46 different on-site systems in Barnstable, Massachusetts.
- A Massachusetts Guide to Needs Assessment and Evaluation of Decentralized Wastewater Alternatives
A discussion of the issues involved in decentralized wastewater management as they relate to the planning process.
- Managing Wastewater: Prospects in Massachusetts for a Decentralized Approach
A discussion of the administrative, regulatory, and financial structures that other states have created to manage on-site and small-scale wastewater-treatment systems.
- Accountability: Issues of Compliance with Decentralized Wastewater Management Goals
Discussion of accountability issues in decentralized wastewater management and recommendations for accountability structures.
- Accountability: Issues of Compliance with Decentralized Wastewater Management Goals Case Studies
Case studies in onsite wastewater management systems in the United States and Canada.