Reclaimed Water Regulation and Permitting Process
- 314 CMR 20.00: Reclaimed Water Permit Program and Standards
Regulating reclaimed-water systems, and requirements for reclaimed-water use and distribution.
- Ground Water Discharge & Reclaimed Water Permitting Process
Description of the permitting process for facilities that discharge 10,000 gallons per day or more of sanitary wastewater, discharge any amount of industrial wastewater, or use reclaimed water in conjunction with a discharge.
- Wastewater - Reclaimed Water - Frequently Asked Questions
The importance of water reuse, what permits are required, potential uses for reclaimed water, and more.
Reclaimed Water Use Forms
- BRP WP 84 - Reclaimed Water Use
These permits are required for the use of reclaimed water. The permit will include both the reclaimed water treatment and the transmission facilities. Revised July 2013 (Instructions revised June 2014 to reflect new fee structure).
- Certification Statement for Groundwater Discharge, Surface Water Discharge & Reclaimed Water Use Permits
This certification attests that engineering reports or plans & specifications prepared for groundwater-discharge or reclaimed-water permits for a permitted facility meet regulatory guidelines.
Other Sources of Information about Reclaimed Water/Water Reuse
- US EPA Water Recycling and Reuse: The Environmental Benefits
From EPA Region 9, the features and benefits of wastewater reuse.
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Water Reuse Program
Florida is a national leader in wastewater reuse.
- California Department of Water Resources Water Reuse Information
Helpful graphic and links on water reuse.
- WateReuse Association
A nonprofit organization seeking to advance the beneficial use of sustainable water sources.