MassDEP's collaborative multi-agency Wetlands Monitoring and Assessment Projects are funded in part by several awards from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (USEPA) Wetlands Program Development grants. As a requirement for implementing these grants, MassDEP must develop and submit for USEPA approval a Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) for each project awarded. QAPPs outline how each grant will meet best management practices and protocols to ensure reliability and scientific accuracy of data collected, safety of field staff, and assurance that the environment/natural resources are protected from the spread of invasive flora and fauna in the course of field work. MassDEP has received USEPA approval of the QAPPs for Salt Marsh and Forested Wetland Monitoring, Wetland Mitigation Study and River and Stream Continuity Assessment.
NOTE: an unzip utility is required to open the Forested Wetland and Salt Marsh QAPPs.
- Quality Assurance Project Plan for Forested Wetland Monitoring and Assessment: Chicopee Watershed
- Forested Wetland Quality Assurance Project Plan file size 4MB
- Salt Marsh Quality Assurance Project Plan file size 2MB
- Wetland Mitigation Study QAPP file size 1MB
- River & Stream Crossing Continuity Assessment QAPP
- River & Stream Crossing Continuity Assessment QAPP, Appendix H: Sub-sub Watersheds and Extended Sub-Watersheds file size 1MB file size 9MB
- River & Stream Crossing Continuity Assessment QAPP Appendix A: Critical Linkages
- Field Data Form & Instructions
River & Stream Crossing Continuity Assessment QAPP - Field Data Form
River & Stream Crossing Continuity Assessment QAPP - Field Data Form Instructions