MACC 2017 Annual Meeting Materials
- Wetland Circuit Rider Program 2016 Accomplishments in Review file size 1MB
Milestones achieved by MassDEP's Wetlands Circuit Rider Program in CY 2016.
- MassDEP Researches and Maps Wetlands file size 3MB
Summary of research and mapping projects by the Wetlands Program. July 2017.
MACC 2016 Annual Meeting Materials
- Ecological Restoration Projects - What Are They? file size 1MB
This brochure describes what Ecological Restoration Projects are and how their impact on natural resource areas protect and sustain wetlands. March 2016
- Learn About Wetlands and Be Inspired!
Massachusetts is full of beautiful wetland areas from the Berkshires to Cape Cod. Find out where you can discover these amazingly beautiful areas! March 2016
- MassDEP Researches and Maps Wetlands file size 1MB
MassDEP uses research and technology to enhance our understanding of the complexity of wetland systems. March 2016
- How MassDEP is Protecting Wetlands for Our Future
Discover the ways MassDEP protects wetland resource areas. March 2016
- The Hidden Value of Wetlands file size 1MB
How much will Climate Change cost you without them? March 2016
MACC 2015 Annual Meeting Presentations
- Ecological Restoration Permitting and Stream Crossing Standards file size 4MB
Explains the Ecological Restoration permitting requirements in the Wetlands Protection Act Regulations (310 CMR 10.00) as revised and promulgated in October 2014. Presented at the Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions' Annual Environmental Conference on February 28, 2015.
- Solar Arrays: Permitting Issues for Conservation Commissions file size 4MB
Practical guidelines for conservation commissions reviewing solar-array projects proposed in wetland jurisdictional areas. Presented at the Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions' Annual Environmental Conference on February 28, 2015.
- Beyond the Sustainable Water Management Initiative: Practical Implementation file size 1MB
How the revised Water Management Act Regulations promulgated in November 2014 will be applied and implemented. Presented at the Massachusetts Association of Conservation Commissions' Annual Environmental Conference on February 28, 2015.
MACC 2014 Annual Meeting Presentations
- Presentation on MassDEP Regulatory Reform Initiative file size 2MB
Outline of activities, projects, permits, and procedures to be revised as part of MassDEP's ongoing regulatory reform initiative. March 2014.
- Factsheet: 2012 Statutory Changes Affecting the Wetlands Protection Act
Summary of changes to the Wetlands Protection Act to streamline permitting procedures and enhance environmental protection. March 2014.
- Factsheet: Summary of 2014 Revisions to Wetlands, Waterways, and Water Quality Certification Regulations file size 1MB
Revisions to Massachusetts' Wetlands, Waterways, and Water Quality Certification regulations to streamline permitting procedures while maintaining environmental protection. Revised October 2014.
- Factsheet: 2012 Wetlands Protection Act Statutory Change for Abutter Notification
Explains proposed revisions to 310 CMR 10.05(4) relative to appeal rights for abutters. March 2014.
- Presentation on General Permitting for ecological restoration projects
How a General Permit streamlines restoration projects under the Wetlands Protection Act regulations. March 2014.
- Presentation on General Permitting for ecological restoration - Stream Crossing Standards file size 3MB
How the implementation of stream crossing standards in ecological-restoration projects provide benefits to wildlife and protect infrastructure in extreme weather events. March 2014.
- Presentation on Implementing Restoration Regulations - Eligibility Criteria for Wetlands General Permits file size 1MB
Outline of eligibility criteria for wetlands general permit for ecological restoration (dam removal, stream daylighting, stream crossings, shellfish-habitat restoration, fish passage, removing tidal restrictions). March 2014.
- Presentation on General Waterways License for Residential Docks file size 1MB
Overview of proposed changes to Waterways regulations and permitting procedures for residential docks. March 2014.
- Presentation on MassDEP-UMass Demonstration Project: Assessment of Wetland Mitigation Success file size 4MB
Report on the process and outcome of a study evaluating the success of wetlands mitigation efforts in selected Massachusetts communities. March 2014.
- Presentation on the Water Management Act and the Sustainable Water Management Initiative file size 2MB
How the Sustainable Water Management Initiative impacts the Water Management Act. March 2014.
- Presentation on Town Brook Realignment and Restoration Project Case Study file size 2MB
A case study in restoring an urban waterway by realigning its course, "daylighting" culverted portions, and providing habitat for aquatic wildlife. March 2014.
Circuit Rider Network 2014
- Bordering Land Subject to Flooding - 2014 FEMA Study for the Concord River Watershed file size 6MB
BLSF is a wetland resource area regulated by the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act. Interests that are protected are flood control, storm damage prevention, and wildlife habitat. This presentation shows findings from the 2014 FEMA study for Concord River watershed and climate change, presented to SuAsCo-Shawsheen watersheds conservation commission network meeting on May 22, 2014.